PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here?

Jbr208
2016-12-10, 12:07 PM
It's that part of the campaign again where I start trying to figure out what to do with my character. Presently, I have a level 5 wood elf Fighter (battle master archetype, dueling fighting style). For level 6 I'm weighing a couple options, and would like some input:

Option 1: Take another level of Fighter. I like ASI's, and was thinking about splitting it between my two odd stats (having already maxed dex): constitution and intelligence. The former would boost my health and saves while the latter would fix my intelligence penalty. Leads to Fighter 7.

Option 2: Take a level of rogue. I'm already the sneaky guy on the team, expertise, an extra skill, and eventually rogue 2 are sorely tempting.

Option 3: Take a level of cleric (war domain). A couple buff spells and a bonus action attack three times a day are pretty attractive.

Option 4: a level of monk? Haven't thought about it much, just popped into my head as I was typing.

Thoughts, alternatives?

Party composition for the interested:
Half-elf archery Fighter.
Tiefling bard
Half-Orc ranger
Wood elf cleric (deceased, not sure what his replacement will be)

Nicodiemus
2016-12-10, 04:09 PM
Unless your WIS is decent you could gimp yourself with a monk dip. Rogue seems like a solid choice, and could consider going to R3 for swashbuckler and all the Aoo avoidance that comes with

Jbr208
2016-12-10, 05:18 PM
I confess, I haven't read a great deal of UA material. I hear good things about swashbuckler, so it's worth looking into.
As far as my wisdom is concerned, it's my second highest stat at 16.

Thanks for the idea though, fresh eyes and broader perspectives are quite helpful :)

Nicodiemus
2016-12-10, 05:27 PM
Swashbuckler is from SCAG, so it's legal even in AL campaigns, you just have to have the book to use it. Basically, at 3rd they get an initiative bonus based on CHA, and a limited form of mobility so that no creature they attack can Aoo them. But they can also SA w/o advantage as long as there is no one but the target within 5ft. So almost guaranteed SA every round.

Drackolus
2016-12-10, 07:43 PM
Rogue does seem solid. It's a shame you already have con save proficiency - res:con would be great.
Tavern Brawler and Durable also can give you a +1 to con, if either suit your fancy.
If you're thinking longer term, you can get resilient:wisdom and then use an asi on con and wis, or vice versa. Being practically impossible to dominate is cool.