PDA

View Full Version : Ingredients?

outlander
2007-07-16, 01:02 AM
What's belkar moaning about? There were plenty of ingredients for a stew handy. ITFP there were the demon roaches right there. I mean, sheesh, they're big and red, how could he miss them?

Then there were all the dead hobs. I mean, wasn't there a huge pile of fairly fresh ones nearby?

Plus let's not forget the dead humans. I'm sure belkar would enjoy making paladin stew for the MitD.

C'mon, Belkar, there's plenty of good eats laying around, just use your imagination a little....

Bocc Kob
2007-07-16, 01:16 AM
No self-respecting Halfling would defile his tongue with disgusting Human or Hobgoblin flesh! :smallyuk:

Bubbles
2007-07-16, 01:59 AM
Without a good reason for breaking Flopsy and Stiffly, MitD's new toys, :MitD: might get upset again at Belkar if he tried to...take his guests apart for the stew. Of course maybe that's a sacrafice the Monster is wiling to make since he does like stew. And if he was told it was a feature of his guests. all this barring objections from haely.

(And by features, I mean the cool things you can dow ith a toy like adding on clip-on hair t fashion dolls or the eltronic sounds on a figurine. LIke for isntance did you know, Mister Stiffly has a kung-fu grip!! which the MItD used to hold a scone.

Demented
2007-07-16, 02:14 AM
It's not his tongue he needs to defile, anyway. He probably just doesn't have the time to run to the battlements and drag back a hobgoblin, when they're covered in coconut oil no less.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-16, 02:49 AM
The secret ingredient is sand.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-16, 04:40 AM
*scratches head* oh there we go! Dandruff (:smallyuk: ). it would help if we knew what the MITD is.

KurenaiYami
2007-07-16, 06:28 AM
*it would help if we knew what the MITD is.

------> :mitd: <-------

Stands for "Monster in the Darkness."

Emperor Ing
2007-07-16, 06:43 AM
------> :mitd: <-------

Stands for "Monster in the Darkness."

Wow, really? I had no clue! thanks for that valuable insight! :smallyuk:

What I meant is that what is the Monster in the Darkness, is it a super-epic-leveled were-rabbit, a piece of the snarl (dont comment on that!), a bugbear, etc.

factotum
2007-07-16, 07:29 AM
It's probably a miniature giant space hamster. :smallsmile:

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-16, 09:37 AM
Its a super ninja/grue hybrid. That's why its in the dark all the time.

damieus
2007-07-16, 09:55 AM
Seems obvious in retrospect, but now I'm firmly convinced it is a grue.

Hushdawg
2007-07-16, 10:12 AM
I'm willing to bet that Belkar has some herbs on his person for cooking out in the wilderness.
A little vulture, a few rats, a rabbit here... then go dig some roots... yeah, he should find something. it's an "asian" area, so bamboo and edible mushrooms are probably around... no problemo.

At this point I'm starting to think that MiTD is a meatball from the flying spaghetti monster.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-16, 04:24 PM

Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES! RAAAAAAAGHHHH!!

God, I love Minsc (and Boo). Favorite character(s) in the Baldurs Gate series.

bluish_wolf
2007-07-16, 04:25 PM
Seems obvious in retrospect, but now I'm firmly convinced it is a grue.

Then he wouldn't want to come out of the shadows, would he? Grues are afraid of light.

NeonRonin
2007-07-16, 06:57 PM
OK, so we have vulture meat as an option... scrounge up a few wild tubers on the plains, maybe borrow some condiments from the tea party(though I can't remember if the table had salt and pepper on it). All you need is a pot and a heat source. Haley might have a container in one of her Bags of Holding, and for the heat source... just squeeze a Demon Roach a few times. :smalltongue:

Demon Roaches. When you just can't remember where you put your Coleman stove.

dakiwiboid
2007-07-16, 08:18 PM

Run, :roach:, RUN!

Demonicbunny
2007-07-16, 08:27 PM
Well, he has the Stringy Vulture Meat (or Mystery Meat). Now he's either lacking goretusk snouts and murloc eyes or a skin of Dwarven Stout. :biggrin:

outlander
2007-07-16, 10:36 PM
When i said "dead humans" I meant the dead AC warriors laying around, just going to waste.

I'm sure Belkar would love cooking up some "Paladin liver stew" for the MitD, and maybe serve it with some fava beans, and a nice chianti. Yumyumyumyum!

BTW, if Ochul survives and gets unfrozen, he can tell everyone about Miko's big xxxxup that destroyed the castle, gate and the chance of offing xykon once and for all.

TigerHunter
2007-07-16, 10:48 PM
I'm surprised Belkar didn't carve up Roy Flopsy rather than go for a vulture.

Oberon
2007-07-17, 01:29 AM
I'm willing to bet that Belkar has some herbs on his person for cooking out in the wilderness.
A little vulture, a few rats, a rabbit here... then go dig some roots... yeah, he should find something. it's an "asian" area, so bamboo and edible mushrooms are probably around... no problemo.

At this point I'm starting to think that MiTD is a meatball from the flying spaghetti monster.

Yeah... aren't most adventurers supposed to carry "rations" with them at all times anyway? couldn't he use those in his stew? Or if he doesn'thave any, haley's gotta have SOMETHING edible in oneof those bags of holding.

outlander
2007-07-17, 02:12 AM
HEY!

'member that bottle of superheavyduty poison the guy trying to whack hinjo had? Anyone think belkar might have it?

Belkar, with super poison, cooking for the MitD...

Anyone else see a possibility here?

Bocc Kob
2007-07-17, 02:35 AM
Didn't that guy use it all? I mean, he spent two panels applying it. :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-07-17, 03:28 AM
The pot is simple, there are loads of dead bodies... just grab a helmet!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-17, 06:47 AM
When i said "dead humans" I meant the dead AC warriors laying around, just going to waste.

I'm sure Belkar would love cooking up some "Paladin liver stew" for the MitD, and maybe serve it with some fava beans, and a nice chianti. Yumyumyumyum!

BTW, if Ochul survives and gets unfrozen, he can tell everyone about Miko's big xxxxup that destroyed the castle, gate and the chance of offing xykon once and for all.

I DREAD turning this into another "did Miko screw up or not" thread, but...

O-Chul was either at, or on his way to, a tea party when Miko was told that screwed up. O-Chul was about to do the EXACT same thing Miko did, and he would have been considered a hero. In fact, Hinjo is considering O-Chul to be a hero for making the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the world.

holywhippet
2007-07-17, 06:55 AM
I figure either or both of them will have some basic cooking supplies in their bags of holding or in hammerspace. Being adventurers they'd need to be able to cook up some food while out on the trail - cold rations aren't very appealing after all.

SteveMB
2007-07-17, 07:21 AM
O-Chul was about to do the EXACT same thing Miko did

O-Chul was about to destroy the gate despite Soon trying to tell him to stop? I must have missed that part....

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-17, 07:43 AM
O-Chul was about to destroy the gate despite Soon trying to tell him to stop? I must have missed that part....

O-Chul was trying to destoy the gate before Soon even had a chance to appear!

Hinjo (currently) considers O-Chul to be a hero, for committing the ultimate sacrafice. Miko was already in motion before Soon called her to stop.

And another question to bake the old mind... Did anything really prevent Soon from "Smiting Evil" before or after Miko took out the gate? If Soon had stayed on task, the threat Xykon and Redcloak represented would have been eliminated, and the world would only have to fear Nale. Oooohh... scary. Not.

This is why I LOVE this strip. It's both light and frothy, and very deep. I've never seen anything like it before, and I doubt I'll ever see anything like it ever again. I dread the day the final strip comes out, even though it is years away. :smallfrown:

Oh, and to get back on topic, I'm sure Belkar has at least a couple of bags of holding of his own, or has really deep pockets. I mean, where did he keep the EoFaF? He probably has all the spices, flour, and other vegetables he needs, but just needs fresh meat and other "highly perishables." As a halfling, he likes to eat, he likes to cook, and just because we've never seen the OotS sitting around a campfire, doesn't mean that it's not Belkar who does at least part of the cooking.

And on THAT note: Who does the majority of the cooking for the OotS? I'm thinking Elan... Quick and easy cooking, enough to keep everyone going, but not so much as to let anyone get fat.

Spiky
2007-07-17, 07:39 PM
Without a good reason for breaking Flopsy and Stiffly, MitD's new toys, :MitD: might get upset again at Belkar if he tried to...take his guests apart for the stew.
Actually, Haley would be the first obstacle to overcome if Belkar tried to serve up Roy.

Dregr
2007-07-17, 10:16 PM

nice insight :smallsmile:

dragoncmd
2007-07-18, 12:24 AM

WOOT! SHADOWS OF AMN WTF!