PDA

View Full Version : Them

JNAProductions
2016-12-10, 10:45 PM
If you are in Blood Tithe, NO LOOKING! THAT MEANS YOU! :P

Sher'Tul Scout
Size/Type: Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 12d8+12 (66 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), fly 60 ft (Perfect maneuverability)
Armor Class: 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+11
Attack: Tentacle +11 (1d6+2)
Full Attack: 4 Tentacles +11 (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 feet, Formless, Sanguinius Potentia Est
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +9
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 16
Skills: Concentration +16, Knowledge (Arcana) +19, Listen +16, Spot +16, Spellcraft +19, Use Magic Device +18
Feats: Empower Spell, Eschew Materials, Flyby Attack, Improved Natural Attack (Tentacle), Quicken Spell
Enviroment: ???
Organization: ???
Challange Rating: 16
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: 13-18 HD (Medium), 19-24 HD (Large), 25-30 HD (Huge)

Spells: A Sher'Tul Scout casts spells as a 9th-level wizard.

Formless (Sp): A Sher'Tul Scout is constantly subject to a Shapechange spell (using its hit dice in place of its caster level). This ability can be dispelled, but the Sher'Tul can restart it as a free action.

Sanguinius Potentia Est (Su): Sher'Tul scouts revel in the power of blood. For each creature who made an attack within one mile of the Sher'Tul last round (to a maximum of 20 creatures), it gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and its caster level (including for its shapechange ability) for that round, and also gains fast healing equal to that number. If its caster level for shapechange is reduced below the hit dice of the form it's in (other than its natural form), it must change into a different form that round before taking any more actions.

Full credit to this goes to Jor, since they're the one who actually made this, but I wanted some feedback from the forum at large.

This is designed to go up against a party of 4 or 5 12th level gestalt characters.

Nifft
2016-12-11, 12:00 AM
There's a different monster with that exact name (and punctuation) in Tales of Maj'Eyal, a recent Roguelike game.

JNAProductions
2016-12-11, 12:00 AM
I know. Where do you think I got the name from?

Nifft
2016-12-11, 12:03 AM
I know. Where do you think I got the name from?

I think you said you got it from Jor.

Meh, whatever.

I think the "within 1 mile" buff will make them impossible to model.

I think that giving them Shapechange at-will means their base form combat stats are irrelevant.

JNAProductions
2016-12-11, 12:06 AM
I got the STATS from Jor. Not the name.

And I think that, due to the conflict they'll be bringing, that will functionally be at +20 at all times.

TechnOkami
2016-12-11, 12:39 AM
I expected huge radioactive ants.

I am disappoint.

Jormengand
2016-12-11, 01:20 AM
I think that giving them Shapechange at-will means their base form combat stats are irrelevant.

Oh, absolutely, right up until they get stuck in an AMF, NPF or dead-magic zone.

And yeah, I was just given a vague prompt and built stats based on that, so YMMV.

Nifft
2016-12-11, 01:26 AM
And yeah, I was just given a vague prompt and built stats based on that, so YMMV.

In the game...
They have 4 tentacles, but they're their arms & legs. You see pictures of them walking around on two tentacles, holding weapons & shields in the other two.

You can meet one, and it's got a psychic "voice" which makes you black out.

They aren't necessarily evil. They made the planetary shield, after all, and they left the planet in a pretty decent state when they departed for ... wherever it is they went.

Their thing is killing gods. They don't like gods. They killed their creator, and all his pantheon, and they did the same -- mostly -- to some nearby worlds, which are now seeking revenge against the game's homeworld, which is a bit like watching Tolkein get invaded by Spelljammer.

Maybe there's been more lore drops since I finished the game, so take that with a grain of salt.