PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with Archer Eidolon Build (Pact Magic)

Mithril Leaf
2016-12-12, 10:37 PM
So I'm working on a Summoner Equivalent by making a Radiance House Pactmaker (by the way Grimoire of Lost Souls is so good guys) who takes binds Foresh and Loh’moi for Summon Nature's Ally and Eidolon respectively. Moral of the story is that I'll have a beefy frontliner out at the same time as the Eidolon, although I won't have summoner spells.

Because of this, I was thinking I would try to build the Eidolon with a focus on archery. The goal being to make it as boring but practical as possible, so as to reduce my turn length and not annoy the party. I know the basics of Pathfinder archery, but have no idea about the generically useful material beyond taking the general ranged feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Clustered Shot, Deadly Aim, Improved Precise Shot, and Manyshot. Also Adaptive Training Composite Longbows. I've thus far been assuming Unchained Eidolon until Dario emails me back.

So would you fine folks be so kind as to pass on any advice or knowledge about generic mid level archery you have? I'd really appreciate it. :smallbiggrin:

Geddy2112
2016-12-12, 11:16 PM
You basically got all the archery tricks, bells, and whistles. Just pump as much strength and con as you can into the bad boy for max dakka and damage.
As an archer at this level, you want to be away from things-this means flight is a key evolution for your Eidolon. Otherwise, it just needs 2 arms to use a bow and throw the rest of your evolutions into defensive things like resistances,immunities, Damage reduction, etc.

The spell gravity bow can make your eidolon's bow do more damage, good to have going into a fight and probably worth a wand.

Mithril Leaf
2016-12-13, 09:48 AM
You basically got all the archery tricks, bells, and whistles. Just pump as much strength and con as you can into the bad boy for max dakka and damage.
As an archer at this level, you want to be away from things-this means flight is a key evolution for your Eidolon. Otherwise, it just needs 2 arms to use a bow and throw the rest of your evolutions into defensive things like resistances,immunities, Damage reduction, etc.

The spell gravity bow can make your eidolon's bow do more damage, good to have going into a fight and probably worth a wand.

Thanks, I'll probably pick up some UMD and a familiar at some point so that could be quite useful.

General question, but is there any way to get around Wind Walls besides Cyclonic?