PDA

View Full Version : Feat Question

Shrew
2007-07-16, 07:48 AM
Is there a feat that allows you an AOO after an opponet misses you? I know there are a few that allow an AOO after an enemy has hit you, but is there one for when they miss you?

The Prince of Cats
2007-07-16, 07:52 AM
Agile Riposte?

Swooper
2007-07-16, 08:02 AM
You mean like Robilar's Gambit? Activate as swift action, all enemies gain +4 to hit and damage, but each swing provokes an AoO from you. It's in PHB2.

(Mix with Stormguard warrior from ToB for goodness :smallamused: )

Skyserpent
2007-07-16, 08:10 AM
No no... there's a specific one for when they MISS. Elusive Target I believe... can't remember what that was in...

nerulean
2007-07-16, 08:29 AM
Elusive Target is a tactical feat in Complete Warrior. It doesn't quite work like that, though. One of its advantages is that if you provoke an AoO from someone by moving out of their threatened area and they miss, you get a free trip attempt against them.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-07-16, 08:44 AM
Elusive Target is a tactical feat in Complete Warrior. It doesn't quite work like that, though. One of its advantages is that if you provoke an AoO from someone by moving out of their threatened area and they miss, you get a free trip attempt against them.

There is nothing bad about elusive target. It is all good =_)

It also works well with the AoO feats in Dragon 340.

Also nerulean; I love the signature. one of my favorite spells, Defnestrating Sphere (CompArc). Does a throw, either straight up or directly at a window. Fantastic spell =_)

Person_Man
2007-07-16, 09:13 AM
Anything that increases your reach generally gives you additional AoO because your enemies often have to move out of your threatened area in order to attack you.

Hold the Line gives you an AoO whenever your enemy charges you, resolved before they attack you.

Karmic Strike gives you an AoO after your enemy hits you.

Robilar's Gambit gives you an AoO after your enemy attacks you (regardless of whether or not they hit).

The Scout's Riposte alternate class ability (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) deals extra Precision damage against anyone who has attacked you within the past round.

Knock-Down gives you a free Trip attempt whenever you deal 10 or more points of damage.

Knockback gives you a free Bull Rush attempt whenever you use Power Attack.

Agile Riposte gives you a AoO against your Dodge feat target if they make an attack against you and miss, and you can only make 1 such attack per round.

Elusive Target gives you a free Trip attempt against an enemy when you move out of an enemy's threatened area and miss the AoO against you. It also helps against flanking enemies, and negates Power Attack against whoever you designate for your Dodge feat bonus.

Saph
2007-07-16, 09:18 AM
I think he might be talking about Defensive Throw . . . it's from Complete Warrior, if I remember right. If the target of your Dodge feat attacks you and misses, it gives you a free trip attempt against them.

That's the closest I can think of to an "If they attack you and miss, you get to attack them" feat.

- Saph

Leon
2007-07-16, 09:19 AM
Riposte (Dragon 304), requires Combat Expertise - allows a AoO against the 1st missed Melee attack