PDA

View Full Version : Designing the ultimate trap house

Douche
2016-12-13, 08:45 AM
So, in one of my campaigns, we ended up killing a mind flayer who lived in a interdimensional manor that exists in several places at once, giving us quick travel across the world through the manor (think of it like that Sanctuary place from Dr. Strange)

However, my DM is a douche & likes to give us things just to take them away. After we claimed the place for ourselves, I bought a still so I could craft my own beer. Then we left for a few months & some stinking Drow broke in & destroyed it. For what purpose? Because he gets some kind of sick sexual excitement from ruining our dreams, probably. But some of us spoke to him out of game & I think he will change his tune, a little bit at least.

Anyway, I'm a cleric. I figure I can put a bunch of Glyph of Warding around & murderize anything that steps inside our clubhouse without knowing the password. This also has the benefit of helping us defend if someone tries to siege our manor (which has happened before, the bad guys of the campaign need the house for their own purposes). What spells should I use for that, which would benefit me both when we are & are not home? Also, what are some other practical traps you would build in your interdimensional death mansion?