PDA

View Full Version : Stranger Races

Dyslexic
2016-12-13, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for a race who look like an anthropomorphous animal. She must have 1 HD and +0 LA.
I have read the anthropomorphous animals at the end of savage species. I know the tibbit in th dragon compendium.
But i need more.

(we want play an adventure in the world of Winnie the Pooh. Yeah, i'm serious.)

EDIT:
I need 2 races, 1 for a binder (it can be +1 LA, if we can't found +0 LA) and the other is for a totemis, this is better with a bite attack.

DarkestKnight
2016-12-13, 01:12 PM
Does it have to be an anthro animal? I ask because weren't a lot of the characters in Winnie the pooh actually dolls? If so, custom constructs may be an option. Plenty of Homunculi and various little critters.

As for anthro animals, Savage species has the rules for designing them with whatever animal you desire. Alternatively the Awaken spell (PF) lets you turn any animal into a sentient being. The 1 HD and no LA is a bit of a kicker though. Awaken adds HD and anthro adds HD and LA. You may be served by looking into custom creature/race rules and using an animal as a reference.

Raz Dazzle
2016-12-13, 01:14 PM
Hengoyokai are humanoids who can turn into an animal.

Ruethgar
2016-12-13, 01:22 PM
Hengeyokai staying in hybrid form. 3.5 Awakened animals have ECLs disproportionate to their power if you wanted something a little more cheesy. Incarnate Warforged Lycanthrope could also work for smaller animals. The Transformation feat from Spheres of Power is a cheap lycanthropy if you wanted a certain base race for mechanics.

Troacctid
2016-12-13, 01:23 PM
Hadozee is an ape. Tortle is a turtle. Dragonborn is a dragon. Lupin is a wolf. Laika is a dog. Khepri is an insect. Kenku is a crow.

Dyslexic
2016-12-13, 01:38 PM
Does it have to be an anthro animal? I ask because weren't a lot of the characters in Winnie the pooh actually dolls? If so, custom constructs may be an option. Plenty of Homunculi and various little critters.

As for anthro animals, Savage species has the rules for designing them with whatever animal you desire. Alternatively the Awaken spell (PF) lets you turn any animal into a sentient being. The 1 HD and no LA is a bit of a kicker though. Awaken adds HD and anthro adds HD and LA. You may be served by looking into custom creature/race rules and using an animal as a reference.

We prefer the animals, but thanks.

Where i can found Hadozee Tortle Lupi Laika Khepri and Kenku?

ShurikVch
2016-12-13, 02:01 PM
Stormwrack, Dragon #315, Dragon Compendium, Savage Species WE, Dragon #352, Monster Manual III

Also,
Beguiler (Shining South)
Grippli is a frog (Dragon #324)
Phanaton is flying squirrel (Dragon #339)
Vanara is a monkey (Oriental Adventures)

Dyslexic
2016-12-13, 02:03 PM
Thank you.
Now I go to read!

Troacctid
2016-12-13, 02:07 PM
We prefer the animals, but thanks.

Hadozee: Stormwrack
Kenku: Monster Manual III
Khepri: Dragon 317
Laika: http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030207a
Lupin: Dragon Compendium
Tortle: Dragon 315

thethird
2016-12-13, 04:28 PM
Nezumi are rats, Vashara (?) are chimps from oriental adventures

Arutema
2016-12-13, 04:36 PM
Might as well borrow Kitsune (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Kitsune) (foxes) from Pathfinder to complete the set.