PDA

View Full Version : Handy Wand Case

Zsaber0
2016-12-13, 03:28 PM
I hear tell of this magical item that lets you swap between wands lickity split. If anyone can help me find this item I would be most appreciative.

lylsyly
2016-12-13, 03:42 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?376536-3-5-Wand-Bracers-Wand-Bracelets-Bracers-of-Wands

Here are several such items.

Ruethgar
2016-12-13, 04:00 PM
You could also wield an Elvencraft Bow Bladed Longbow with Close Fighting blades and Wand Chambers in everything. That gives you 8 wands that you are wielding simultaneously and are ready to be cast from.

Eisfalken
2016-12-13, 06:48 PM
I hear tell of this magical item that lets you swap between wands lickity split. If anyone can help me find this item I would be most appreciative.

Actually, there is one non-magical solution: the wand bracer from Dungeonscape. Honestly, though, it's pretty bad: you can't really have anything in that hand, and once a wand is drawn, you have to spend time putting it in another container or drop it on the ground before you can pull another out.

There's the casting glove from MIC, allowing you to actually hide a wand "inside" the glove and still use it, but it's kind of expensive for what it does. Also, it only stores one at a time, and you can only wear two gloves (unless you have multiple arms, I guess). The wand bracelet does this slightly better, using a move action to swap out from one of four stored items there. You could go with a belt of hidden pouches, which can store a lot of wands and make them available as a move action.

And of course, Heward's handy haversack is still considered one of the best: takes up no item slots, it's super-cheap, retrieving stuff is quick and easy (it's a move action and always instantly puts the item you're digging for in your hand), and holds a hell of a lot of stuff. Personally, I'd just take it and call it done. You can't beat 2k gp for easy item storage and retrieval that doesn't gum up the rest of your item slots. Alternately, see if the DM allows you to buy a version of Laeral's robes from COS:W, which combine robe of eyes, cloak of resistance, and the haversack in one item. (Bonus points if the DM lets you do a custom item per MIC to combine a different robe more useful to you with a haversack. It basically just raises the price of the base robe by 3000 gp.)

Vogie
2016-12-14, 10:28 AM
You could also wield an Elvencraft Bow Bladed Longbow with Close Fighting blades and Wand Chambers in everything. That gives you 8 wands that you are wielding simultaneously and are ready to be cast from.

Add a pair of spring loaded Wrist Sheaths and you have 10 within a Swift action.

I have always thought it would be interesting to price out a "revolver" that holds six wands, but there's nothing like that in a published location that I'm aware of...

Ruethgar
2016-12-14, 11:13 AM
Add a pair of spring loaded Wrist Sheaths and you have 10 within a Swift action.

I have always thought it would be interesting to price out a "revolver" that holds six wands, but there's nothing like that in a published location that I'm aware of...

Technically you might be able to dual wield the staves for 16 since Bow Blades are treated as punching daggers, would have to look at all of the weapon switching, what defines "wielding" and wand chamber rules to be sure though.

Tohsaka Rin
2016-12-14, 11:48 AM
Just always remember to be ready to duck books when you start asking for 3+ wand chambers.

I know I'd be looking at the sunder rules for shenanigans like that.

If you really need a bunch of wands, just get a couple of staffs, put hideaway on them, and settle for only having access to 2 wand chambers at any given time. No need to be greedy.