PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever run Tomb of Abysthor or Vault of Larin Karr?

Trask
2016-12-13, 11:07 PM
These were adventures from necromancer games back when they did 3.5 adventures. Did anyone ever run either of these two? How were they? Im looking for something to pick up for my campaign in the works

Crake
2016-12-13, 11:29 PM
These were adventures from necromancer games back when they did 3.5 adventures. Did anyone ever run either of these two? How were they? Im looking for something to pick up for my campaign in the works

I ran Larin Karr, but I fast-tracked to the vault itself, as a stand alone dungeon that the players plundered in search of magical knowledge, so I can't really say much about the lead up, but the dungeon itself was good fun.

Efrate
2016-12-14, 12:52 AM
I ran the first bit of abysthor. Its very slow. My party was new so thats part of it but the illusionary walls early really can throw you for a loop. There is a fan made update to 3.5 that makes a lot of fights a bit rougher and i enjoyed it, because the various bbegs are built horribly.

Trask
2016-12-14, 02:34 PM
I ran Larin Karr, but I fast-tracked to the vault itself, as a stand alone dungeon that the players plundered in search of magical knowledge, so I can't really say much about the lead up, but the dungeon itself was good fun.

Hm thats a bit of a shame because a lot of the praise I read for Vault is its open sandbox environment.

Tamorlin
2016-12-15, 03:18 AM
There is a fan made update to 3.5 that makes a lot of fights a bit rougher and i enjoyed it, because the various bbegs are built horribly.

Can you throw me a link?