PDA

View Full Version : Making a super-charger/bull rusher

Xarteros
2016-12-14, 04:01 AM
Hey Giants, working on making a big, burly Warforged who does very little other than bash his way through doors, traps, enemies, walls, basically anything that stands in his way.

I want to minimise the usage of weapons (preferably to natural attacks only, grafts to add extra attacks are allowed)

For race, the DM has allowed me to play a Half-Minotaur (base race human?) that was made into a Warforged (By a Renegade Mastermaker, but without having to take the 10 levels to do it to myself). It's the best explanation we found so far for creating a large-sized Warforged (Why wouldn't a Mastermaker be able to remake other people if they are skilled enough to do it to themselves first?)

For class, I've got Dungeon Crasher, Barbarian (Plus a few alternate Barbarian features) and I was thinking Warforged Juggernaut.

My Barbarian variants (DM allows multiple variants, as long as none replace the same base feature) are so far Lion Totem for Pounce (CChamp) and Wolf Totem for Improved Trip (UA).

General feats I intend to take are Knock-Down, Knockback, Shock Trooper, Power Attack & Improved Bull Rush

Assume that money, level, ability stats and number of feats are not an issue. I know there are some really good builds operating on X number of feats, but I'd love to see some expanded options and really start to think big. I want this guy to basically be a bipedal steamroller, but I'd still want to damage people, not just doors =)

Edit: Flaws, Otyugh Hole and DFCS are allowed for the purpose of getting my Feats focused towards this build (Allowing me to DFCS the Half-Minotaur's Track feat into something else, for example)

Go nuts!

Diovid
2016-12-14, 07:05 AM
Some tips:

- Barbarian 1 / Fighter 6 / Warforged Juggernaut 5 is a really good start.

- Maybe take 2 levels of Reforged after Warforged Juggernaut, though if that works depends on your DM.

- Take a look at the feats Extra Rage, Destructive Rage, Brute Fighting, Rampaging Bull Rush and Awesome Blow.

- Use the Fighter's Dead Levels variant.

- Perhaps use a Maul of the Titans?

barakaka
2016-12-14, 06:23 PM
I don't have enough time right now to contribute anything meaningful, but PHB2 has the feat Cometary Collision. You ready a standard action to intercept an enemy's charge on you or another party member and get a bonus on attack and damage. Beyond that, the feat causes your foe to lose the benefits of his charge and keeps penalties, so you're not going to get turned to slag by their Ubercharge.

Uberchargers tend to have sky high damage anyway, so you might enjoy this feat instead of an extra 200 damage later on that is only ever going to be overkill.

stanprollyright
2016-12-14, 10:39 PM
For class, I've got Dungeon Crasher, Barbarian (Plus a few alternate Barbarian features) and I was thinking Warforged Juggernaut.

My Barbarian variants (DM allows multiple variants, as long as none replace the same base feature) are so far Lion Totem for Pounce (CChamp) and Wolf Totem for Improved Trip (UA).

General feats I intend to take are Knock-Down, Knockback, Shock Trooper, Power Attack & Improved Bull Rush

I'd just grab Sunder and Combat Brute and you're good to go!

ShurikVch
2016-12-16, 11:58 AM
How about to add in more templates?
If yes - then how about 3.0 or non-1st-party templates?
What's the supposed alignment?

Xarteros
2016-12-16, 07:37 PM
How about to add in more templates?
If yes - then how about 3.0 or non-1st-party templates?
What's the supposed alignment?

Can't go above LA+1, otherwise I'd lose out on class levels (if the DM even let me play that character at all)

I'm currently looking into the necklace from Tome of Magic that gives you a +1 LA template for 22,000gp when worn. My DM said I'd be able to make it work for other LA+1 templates, so I'm considering Llolth Touched or Feral. He's ok me spending on an item for the additional template, but he's not happy having me at a different character level or ECL (Our ECL is 7 at the moment)

As for alignment, probably true neutral. I don't intend to get hung-up on morals (If it's ok to break solid walls, why isn't it ok for me to break people's feelings?) but I also don't intend to go around killing kittens for fun

DM allows any 3.X books, WotC web enhancements and Dungeon or Dragon magazines, but nothing that's fully 3rd party