PDA

View Full Version : Ruling Question For Bladesingers

sflame56
2016-12-14, 04:36 AM
Can you keep blade song active while in a wild shape form? Like if you activate it then transform into an animal will all the benefits of blade song still apply or will you lose them? Finally wanted to ask if this is a yes would a Bladesinger multiclassing into druid be worth it? 17 Mage levels (Bladesinger) and 3 Druid levels (circle of the moon)

Garresh
2016-12-14, 05:15 AM
Nothing RAW will disallow it, although in a serious game it's probably going to piss off your DM and ruin the immersion. Also, bladesinging isn't a spell, so you can use it while in wildshape, rather than before wildshaping.

RickAllison
2016-12-14, 05:40 AM
Sing to your heart's content! How much it is worth is a matter of debate (the only animals forms you would have would be rather weak and vulnerable as the game went on), but it definitely functions. I recommend turning into a bear, putting on a red shirt, and grabbing a jar of "hunny".

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/5e/2b/28/5e2b28da4cd3214354b4c5dcbf852288.jpg

You could be this! Though your head would not exactly be full of stuffing.

It would also be very appropriate for the upcoming "Sing" movie.

JellyPooga
2016-12-14, 06:27 AM
I'm AFB but don't you need to be wielding a one-handed weapon to activate/benefit from Bladesong?

Oramac
2016-12-14, 01:21 PM
I'm AFB but don't you need to be wielding a one-handed weapon to activate/benefit from Bladesong?

Oddly enough, no you don't. You can't wear medium/heavy armor or use a shield, but it never actually says you do have to use a weapon.

Were I to use this build, I'd probably reverse it and go 3 Bladesinger / 17 Moon Druid to take advantage of the higher CR wild shapes.

RickAllison
2016-12-14, 06:18 PM
Oddly enough, no you don't. You can't wear medium/heavy armor or use a shield, but it never actually says you do have to use a weapon.

Were I to use this build, I'd probably reverse it and go 3 Bladesinger / 17 Moon Druid to take advantage of the higher CR wild shapes.

Indeed. In at least one wizard guide, an author noted that one of the best ways to use a Bladesinger is not to get anywhere near blade range.