PDA

View Full Version : Non-d20 games

Malfarian
2016-12-14, 08:48 AM
Hello All,
I'm new to this forum, I've been lurking the site for a long time with very few posts, but I'm curious how interested people are in discussing homebrews of NON-d20 games, such as Exalted, or even new games?

Is there a better place on giantitp? or even another site for those conversations? I don't want to muddy the waters with talk people don't care for.

Thank you
Mal

Grod_The_Giant
2016-12-14, 09:06 AM
I've seen/worked on new systems here fairly regularly. People here play enough games that I'm sure you'd get some comments on non-d&d stuff, but you might get more on "official" forums-- I've seen a lot of homebrew on the Exalted forums (http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted), for instance.

Malfarian
2016-12-14, 09:57 AM
Thank you! Also your signature quote should be included in the top 5 rules of game design.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-12-14, 04:07 PM
Thank you! Also your signature quote should be included in the top 5 rules of game design.
Aww, thanks :smallredface:

Malfarian
2016-12-15, 11:11 PM
Another that should be known is

This aphoristic statement, as originally formulated by Malcanis, says: "Whenever a mechanics change is proposed on behalf of ‘new players’, that change is always to the overwhelming advantage of richer, older players."

https://outofcake.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/malcanis-law/

Knaight
2016-12-16, 01:54 AM
It depends on which game. These forums are d20 focused, but there's enough people interested in the non-d20 side that any of the more major games will probably attract attention if you homebrew for them. New system creation will definitely catch attention.

Malfarian
2016-12-16, 09:40 AM
It depends on which game. These forums are d20 focused, but there's enough people interested in the non-d20 side that any of the more major games will probably attract attention if you homebrew for them. New system creation will definitely catch attention.

Thank you for that. I've been creating my own system for X years, where X is too embarrassingly large for me to share, but kids, phd and teaching do that ...

I'll spend a bit of time contributing and then pitch some ideas.

Thanks,
Mal