PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 PVP ideas for PF

RedMage125
2016-12-14, 10:30 AM
So, I'm helping a friend who is new to Pathfinder, but most of my experience is D&D.

His group had some people cancel this week, so his GM decided a little PVP tournament would be fun.

Level 10, melee only. From what he said, the group isn't hugely optimized, their games normally get kind of silly. He's thinking either fighter (to max out his AC ), or barbarian (to max out his damage).

I thought I'd ask the boards for build advice, since pathfinder is not my forte.

It might be core races only.

Eldariel
2016-12-14, 11:02 AM
May you use buff-spells on yourself? 'cause if you may, a level 10 Cleric with Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment on armor+shield, and round 1 Quickened Divine Favor + Righteous Might can bring some sweet pain. Or of course, just a Wildshaped Druid with Greater Magic Fang on all weapons, Barkskin, Wild Armor/etc.

Of the two given options, I'd go with Barbarian. 1v1s cater to combat maneuvers (particularly Trip and Grapple) and Barbarian has a good bundle of options on that front. Depending on if it's Core-only or not, Strength Surge + Rage Cycling (you can use Allnight (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Allnight) for immunity to Fatigue without losing Barbie levels, or 1 Oracle-level with the Lame curse) for the +10 on that front, plus the natural Strength-bonuses. Someone Tripped or Grappled is pretty easy to smash. You could add Crippling Blow to further edge things in your favour.

RedMage125
2016-12-14, 11:13 AM
No casters, as I understand the rules.

mistermysterio
2016-12-14, 01:10 PM
3rd party allowed?

A warlord from Dreamscarred press would do pretty well.

What about partial gish classes, like bloodrager? It is a melee class for sure (plays like a barbarian), but has a small number of sorcerer spells to supplement it. i.e. at level 10, it gets a base of 2 level 1 spells, 2 level 2 spells, and 1 level 3 spell (i.e. not very much).

Even rangers have spellcasting... are NO spells allowed?

RedMage125
2016-12-14, 05:46 PM
Rangers and paladins are fine. No 3rd party, he said "multiclass allowed, as long as they're both melee".

My friend is also fairly new to the game, so he's not interested in things as "complicated" as grapple rules:rollseyes:

I think he wants a TWF/shield bash fighter build. Unless anyone has some good suggestions, I'm telling him to just find a guide online.

Mordaedil
2016-12-15, 05:06 AM
A warlock using Hideous blow is technically melee...