PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bard Spelldancer Hombrew - WIP

clash
2016-12-14, 12:42 PM
College of Spell Dancing
3: Graceful - You gain proficiency in Dexterity acrobatics, or may add twice your proficiency if already proficient
3: Spelldance - You gain the ability to dance the complexities of a spell rather than casting it like normal. To perform a spelldance, roll a bardic inspiration die. You can spelldance any spell you cast of a level lower than or equal to the number rolled. When you spelldance a spell you replace all verbal, material and somatic components with the dance itself. Dancing in this way does not require speech or free hands but it does require you to be able to move freely.
6: Enduring performance - You can choose to spelldance for more than one turn in order to further increase the spells potency. If you choose not to cast a spell on the turn you begin spelldancing, each additional turn you spend spelldancing before casting a spell raises the spells effective level by 1 as if it were cast in a higher level slot to a maximum level of the highest level you can cast normally. This affect requires concentration to maintain.
14: Unimpeded - The lingering energies gained from spelldancing has made your movements magical. You are treated as if always under the affects of a freedom of movement spell.

Let me know what you think so far, to me spelldance doesn't seem to offer enough for what it costs you, I would like to add something more to it but not sure what would be balanced.
Also not really sure about the capstone. Let me know if you have other ideas for it.