PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Goblin

Dr. Cliché
2016-12-15, 10:03 AM
I seem to recall one of the monster books (not necessarily a monster manual, but one of those types of book) mentioning an unusual type of goblin.

I think they had reddish skin and were the result of magical experimentation or something like that, but I can't remember what they were called.

Can anyone help me?

Palanan
2016-12-15, 10:17 AM
This sounds like the Dekanter goblins from Monsters of Faerūn, which was an early 3.0 supplement.

Dekanter goblins have reddish hair and skin, a small rhino-like horn, and crazy-aggressive tendencies. The description on p. 53 mentions that an alhoon (a mindflayer lich) created them for unknown yet undoubtedly sinister purposes, working in buried ruins of the Empire of Netheril.

Dr. Cliché
2016-12-15, 10:25 AM
This sounds like the Dekanter goblins from Monsters of Faerūn, which was an early 3.0 supplement.

Dekanter goblins have reddish hair and skin, a small rhino-like horn, and crazy-aggressive tendencies. The description on p. 53 mentions that an alhoon (a mindflayer lich) created them for unknown yet undoubtedly sinister purposes, working in buried ruins of the Empire of Netheril.

Yes, that's them.

Thank you very much. :smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2016-12-15, 10:56 AM
Unrelated to the topic, "unusual goblin" sounds like one of those insults that would be used by 19th century gentlemen in their writings. Not merely a goblin, but an unusual one, extraordinarily and uniquely grotesque and unpleasant.