PDA

View Full Version : alternate class features - help!

LairdMaon
2016-12-15, 06:05 PM
I seem to remember hearing about ACFs for soulknife and/or soulbow, but I can't find any of them. My google-fu has failed me.

Anyone have what I'm looking for on hand?

Troacctid
2016-12-15, 06:06 PM
The Mind's Eye: Expanded Classes, Part One — Psychic Warrior, Soulknife, Wilder (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a)

barakaka
2016-12-15, 09:26 PM
Is it just me or does that go to Wizard's 404 page not found?

It could very well be me because I've got a javascript blocker on both my Chrome and Firefox, Ghostery and Disconnect extensions as well. I just wanna know in case I can do anything to configure my setup correctly.

Ladygolem
2016-12-15, 09:27 PM
Works for me!

GilesTheCleric
2016-12-16, 02:37 AM
Is it just me or does that go to Wizard's 404 page not found?

It could very well be me because I've got a javascript blocker on both my Chrome and Firefox, Ghostery and Disconnect extensions as well. I just wanna know in case I can do anything to configure my setup correctly.

Works for me, but I've allowed wizards.com through NoScript. No changes to ABP or Ghostery (Firefox 50.X). Perhaps your browser is trying to autocomplete the URL by adding "www" to the beginning?

Hidden Talent

Your psionic talent is strong enough to manifest a single power.
Level: 1st
Replaces: Wild Talent class ability

Benefit: You gain the Hidden Talent feat instead of the Wild Talent feat at 1st level (see Expanded Psionic Handbook, page 67). You gain 2 psionic power points, can now learn any psionic feat for which you meet the prerequisites, can expend your psionic focus, and can gain a single 1st-level power from any list.

The most common powers chosen with this class ability are force screen and inertial armor since they fit the theme of a soulknife, but many choose other powers.

Special: Normally the Hidden Talent feat can be taken only once at 1st level, but a soulknife with this class ability can take this feat multiple times, each time gaining an additional 2 psionic power points and another 1st-level power.

Bonus Feats

You sacrifice power for skill and technique.
Level: 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th.
Replaces: You lose all psychic strike class abilities at the above levels.

Benefit: In place of the psychic strike class ability, you gain a bonus feat at each level above. You may choose any feat designed for soulknives (such as those in Complete Psionic) or any feat that your mind blade can benefit from, such as Power Attack or Improved Critical (also see the mind blade feats in Dragon Magazine #341 in the "Class Acts: Adventurer" article). You must meet any prerequisites for the feat you choose.

Edit: Just tried manually setting the url to secure (HTTPS), and it redirected to the 404. I guess if you've got your browser to force HTTPS on all URLs, that's probably what's doing it.

barakaka
2016-12-17, 10:02 PM
Works for me, but I've allowed wizards.com through NoScript. No changes to ABP or Ghostery (Firefox 50.X). Perhaps your browser is trying to autocomplete the URL by adding "www" to the beginning?

Hidden Talent

Your psionic talent is strong enough to manifest a single power.
Level: 1st
Replaces: Wild Talent class ability

Benefit: You gain the Hidden Talent feat instead of the Wild Talent feat at 1st level (see Expanded Psionic Handbook, page 67). You gain 2 psionic power points, can now learn any psionic feat for which you meet the prerequisites, can expend your psionic focus, and can gain a single 1st-level power from any list.

The most common powers chosen with this class ability are force screen and inertial armor since they fit the theme of a soulknife, but many choose other powers.

Special: Normally the Hidden Talent feat can be taken only once at 1st level, but a soulknife with this class ability can take this feat multiple times, each time gaining an additional 2 psionic power points and another 1st-level power.

Bonus Feats

You sacrifice power for skill and technique.
Level: 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th.
Replaces: You lose all psychic strike class abilities at the above levels.

Benefit: In place of the psychic strike class ability, you gain a bonus feat at each level above. You may choose any feat designed for soulknives (such as those in Complete Psionic) or any feat that your mind blade can benefit from, such as Power Attack or Improved Critical (also see the mind blade feats in Dragon Magazine #341 in the "Class Acts: Adventurer" article). You must meet any prerequisites for the feat you choose.

Edit: Just tried manually setting the url to secure (HTTPS), and it redirected to the 404. I guess if you've got your browser to force HTTPS on all URLs, that's probably what's doing it.

Thanks a ton. I have an extension called HTTPS Everywhere which I totally forgot about.

As well, if anyone else gets annoyed at having to modify some URLs, there's a Chrome extension called Requestly that you can use to automatically redirect something like:
www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/.* to http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/.*

I also use this to redirect D&DTools references to the latest site.