PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Crazy build (Raptoran:DragonShaman2/Duskblade2

Khaira
2016-12-15, 09:55 PM
Hi! I'm new here but I really need your advice guys... I'm playing a Raptoran race + Dragon Shaman2/Duskblade2... I realize its a crazy build that splits my points everywhere... But I like the fact that I can fight in melee being somewhat strong AND cast arcane spells (which was asked by my DM since the group doensn't have an arcane caster).... I have the story that explains everything... but my question is do I sacrifice the Heal (CHA) to get my DUSKBLADE spells strenght (INT) and keep my CON high?? Here were my rolls, but we can change our numbers as we want without any penalty (14/16/14/12/10/16) That's where I actually put them... Also I have a mithril chainshirt and a composite Longbow elvencraft (also quarterstaff)... so I struggle a bit with the skills to choose and the feats... I took the Copper Dragon talisman (I had taken the bronze one... but I read your handbooks :P)
Thanks a lot!!!

Bad Wolf
2016-12-15, 10:02 PM
So your goal here seems to be an ability to both fight and cast spells. Duskblade does that fine on its own, with some good special abilities to glue the two sides together.

Khaira
2016-12-15, 10:08 PM
The thing is that at the beginning I wanted only to play the dragonShaman... but my DM needs an arcane spellcaster... so he asked me if I could multiclass as a sorcerer... which I do not really like to play but have the synergy skill CHA (I want to be able to fight as you say)... so I discovered the duskblade... but I receive penalty if I don't multiclass 1/1... so now I'm searching for a way to have scores that help my character and feats-skills appropriate for what I want ... :/

THANKS!!

JNAProductions
2016-12-15, 11:00 PM
Do you want to play an arcane spellcaster? If you don't, then don't feel like you have to.

Bad Wolf
2016-12-15, 11:01 PM
Do you want to play an arcane spellcaster? If you don't, then don't feel like you have to.

This. The prime rule is to have fun. But what's the rest of your team?

Jack_McSnatch
2016-12-15, 11:13 PM
You could do dragon shaman/dragonfire adept. Invocation users are technically arcane casters.

Khaira
2016-12-16, 08:32 AM
I know that they are :a gnome-->bard/rogue, human--> paladin, human--> monk et wood elf -->fight/ cleric (who has 9 CHA)...soooo no real fighter type except for the Paladin... but we are lvl 4... sooo not really good either....

Thanks for the dragon adept.. but I'll still be as a caster (not able to go into melee a lot...). I like that the duskblade can wear an armor (armored mage) + combat casting and that he's proficient with all martial weapon (its easier to find on dead ennemies...)...

So if I needed to keep thoses class... what would be better?? DEX(defense) CON(dragon breath) INT(skills point + DC modifier), CHA (Dragon heal) ?? I really need to drop a power don't I ? I thought maybe my CHA since its only at LVL6 that I'll get it and I need to multiclass 1/1 to receive no penalty now I'm 2/2... I may find or buy a charisma cloak... or buy gauntlets of ogre power...

Thanks for the help! I never multiclasse normally.. I like to grow in my character power... I used to play a druid before and brought her to lvl11 :) But they decided to start back down with access to new classes :P Hence the dragon shaman ;)