PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help on Aasimar? (Adventure Leauge)

sflame56
2016-12-16, 12:07 AM
Just wondering what classes and archetype that would be the best to maximize their Radiant Soul/Radiant Consumption/Necrotic? I am also wondering how would a dm add in your Angelic Guide and make sure they have an impact on the character? Like should they make it broken and save the character from death or just simple like their hair catches on fire if they do evil acts or even simpler like their gender is swapped for a day?

Draco4472
2016-12-16, 05:04 PM
The angelic guide is more flavor for the Aasimar then any mechanical benefit, especially in AL games. I as a DM would contribute information to an Aasimar PC of what their guide thinks is the best path and why, but that would be dependent on said guide's personality and the campaign. I would not blankly state "Look in desks, there's an awesome +3 shortsword in the throne room!" but rather something useful is in that room.

This of course will vary DM to DM, and may not come into play period.

Oramac
2016-12-16, 05:12 PM
The Angelic Guide is mostly for RP. It could come up all the time or not at all depending on your DM.

For classes, they're basically designed for the Paladin. Fluff wise, you can make all 3 of them work with all 3 Oaths, though a Fallen Aasimar of Devotion might be kinda wonky.

Other than that, an Aasimar Rogue would be really good. You can get the bonus radiant damage along with Sneak Attack for some pretty good damage.

SMac8988
2016-12-16, 06:20 PM
My wife has picked up the assimar for her up coming charactrr. She decided on Tempest Cleric, which may not be the most optimized but works well. It seems like a strong race period and fits many different roles rather well.

For her Guide we decided that it would be a horse, her character is a horse farmer, Sleipnir odin's 8 legged horse. She chose Thor as her god and I am reworking my pantheon to include it. But he gives her kind of like hints. Like she maybe confused about which was to head when lost and a horse hair will drift from the west giving her some help. Nothing major, but I feel it helps bring the whole back story to life some. She may her hooves clapping on stone down an ally or something. Just minor stuff