PDA

View Full Version : Pixie follower?

sflame56
2016-12-16, 12:19 AM
Is it possibly to get a pixie as a follower or a familiar?

RickAllison
2016-12-16, 12:30 AM
Followers don't have certain rules, so definitely that is possible. You can't get a pixie through Find Familiar, but a DM can freely provide a pixie familiar through non-spell means just as pseudodragons and imps can join per the rules in the Monster Manual.

Steel Mirror
2016-12-16, 12:42 AM
I hear they like saucers of cream and sugary treats. Also, sometimes, pizza (http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Za-Lord's_Guard).

I'd talk to your GM about it, they might be okay with you attracting a little pixie buddy. That said pixies are incredibly underrated by the Monster Manual in terms of their CR, so don't be surprised if your GM looks at that polymorph 1/day and 10 other spell like abilities, all of them really useful and most of them capable of breaking an encounter or entire adventure wide open, and gets a little leery.

Nemenia
2016-12-16, 02:12 AM
i hear they like saucers of cream and sugary treats. Also, sometimes, pizza (http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/za-lord's_guard).

I'd talk to your gm about it, they might be okay with you attracting a little pixie buddy. That said pixies are incredibly underrated by the monster manual in terms of their cr, so don't be surprised if your gm looks at that polymorph 1/day and 10 other spell like abilities, all of them really useful and most of them capable of breaking an encounter or entire adventure wide open, and gets a little leery.

toot toooooot!

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-16, 02:21 AM
It definitely depends on the game. In some games I'd allow it without question - I'm running one at the moment where two of the PCs are pixies, so it would make total sense for them to have pixie friends and allies.

In other games, I might allow it but take away or hollow out the pixie's spellcasting to bring them more in line with other familiars. The sort of games where it would make sense to shout HEY, LISTEN! At them constantly. :smallamused:

In still other games, it might be totally inappropriate.

I suggest you ask your DM. And be willing to let them tinker with the pixie stat block.