PDA

View Full Version : Ptolus and Campaigns for Ptolus

SerKorben
2016-12-16, 10:25 AM
Hello!

My D&D group has been a long time fan of the Ptolus setting by Monte Cook. We have played through quite a bit of his available content but we're interested in starting a new campaign based on this setting. I'm finding it quite difficult to find additional material for the setting however and I'm hoping there is some nugget of joy out there to discover.

So far we have played some of the introductory stuff, The Night of Dissolusion and The Banewardens. I don't suppose anyone knows of any additional low to mid level pregen stuff for Ptolus? This can be by Monte Cook or otherwise.

Thank you so much!

j!nx
2017-04-21, 07:30 AM
have you bought the brick (book)? for the campaign setting its full of low level mid level and high level adventures and ideas as well as scenarios for the start of the adventures

Ualaa
2017-04-26, 07:46 AM
I've been interested in this setting for a while, but my players have preferred other campaigns (we vote on the next campaign, at the conclusion of the current one, out of anything I have prepared or purchased).

Anyway, a guy on the old WotC site had shared his five years of Ptolus campaign information, via DropBox.
I'm not sure the link to his dropbox, but I had copied that content over to my system.

If you're interested, I can share it.
PM me an email address, if you want it.
It's 2.65 GB of content.

weckar
2017-04-26, 08:21 AM
One of my groups has been playing Ptolus for over 3 years now. We ran out of appropriate pre-printed material rather fast, but we ran some nice inspired stuff along the way. Among those: a gang war, the threat of a chaositec nuke (which partially went off...) and a storyline centred on that demonic watch from one of the early Castle Shard adventures. That last one was my favorite.

j!nx
2017-04-28, 08:59 AM
I can see how you ran out of material but there's so much you can do form not even using any of the adventures or scenarios, I am currently running a campaign only about 2 months now and I haven't even used one adventure form the book there's limit less possibilities with imagination the brick gives you all the information you need to start yourself and players off then only the players really unfold the city, the chaos nuke is by far a amazing idea haha I could totally see that happening, I honestly really enjoy this setting, the only piece I really don't enjoy much is the chaositec, I think its a little to much for certain things so I don't make it "big" in the campaign unless one of players discovers it to be important to them, the book and all the material that comes with ran me $140 I can say that I feel it was worth buying for that much, the art is great much time and thought tankards up to monte for the time and effort

j!nx
2017-05-04, 09:28 AM
anybody else own the book?

Ualaa
2017-05-04, 04:32 PM
I own the PDF, from drive thru rpg dot com.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy a hard copy, when they were available.
Still, the PDF is linked well, so not a total loss.

daHeadRat
2017-05-24, 07:43 PM
I ran a Ptolus campaign for 50+ sessions back when it first came out. We never did play Night of Dissolution or Banewarrens. Instead, a lot of published adventures from other sources got mixed in to the introductory Ptolus stuff. I used, for example, The Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho and Legend of the Ripper from Goodman Games, and Barrow of the Forgotten King from WotC...each with the background or history redone so that it fit in with Ptolus. The Barrow was reskinned to be the tomb of one of Ghul's favored generals. The Ripper was a legend from a century ago and his "return" made the front page of the Ptolus' broadsheets.

You can fit just about any dungeon like adventure you want below the city and work in just about any sort of urban adventure into the city one way or another. It is a very open setting, very flexible, and chock full of adventure ideas in the "brick." I'd suggest grabbing a couple of whatever might be your favorite adventures, see how you can work them into the city (or under it), and build on that. Or, depending on time and inclination, pick something from the book, build on it yourself, and run with it.

I'm gearing up for another Ptolus campaign to start in a few weeks and I'll probably do the former...grab some adventures, fit them in, and run with it. ;)