PDA

View Full Version : Extra limbs + extra rings + daggerspell mage?

EoNhOeKnOwS
2016-12-16, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm working on an insectile human with girralon's blessing (rogue/artificer, we are gestalt)

Extra rings says you may equip an extra ring in each hand. First off, do I get to wear a ring for every other handed limb I have? At the end of the day it should be 8 limbs w hands/claws. Extra rings would make it 16, I feel this is broken (lol) but it doesn't say otherwise.

Daggerspell mage "double daggercast" is named "double" but it says in the entry "you may cast one touch spell for each dagger held", it actually doesn't say there's a casting time (if there is, and disregarding the multiple limbs, I'm assuming i could cast one spell per dagger held in that one action).

So ...
Extra limbs - how many total rings with 8 limbs?
Daggerspell mage: Double daggercast - how many held daggers can hold spells and how many daggers can I imbue at a time?

Thank you everyone!

OldTrees1
2016-12-16, 02:43 PM
The Extra Rings feat from Eberron Campaign Setting reads:
Prerequisites: Forge Ring, caster level 12th.
Benefit: You can wear up to four magic rings, two on each hand, and all function normally.

So it lets you wear 4 rings with a maximum of 2 on a single hand regardless of the number of hands you have.

You are right that Double Daggercast scales with the number of hands. So you can hold 8 charges(1 per dagger per hand) with your 8 handed character. However Dagger Mage does not increase the rate at which you create charges. So you are still limited to the number of charges the spell in question grants(usually 1) which means it might take 8 Standard (or Swift if quickened) actions to imbue all 8 daggers.

EoNhOeKnOwS
2016-12-16, 02:49 PM
Thank you very much! That's not bad, so it would take under a minute to cast all of them before combat and they don't expire til after I use them? I appreciate it :)

OldTrees1
2016-12-16, 03:00 PM
Thank you very much! That's not bad, so it would take under a minute to cast all of them before combat and they don't expire til after I use them? I appreciate it :)

That is correct because most charge spells do not expire until you discharge them.

Although I do not remember the insectile template giving usable arms.

Attacks: Despite having six arms, insectile creatures gain no additional attacks.

Troacctid
2016-12-16, 03:19 PM
You might be interested in the battlearms spell (Cleric 4, Blackguard 4) from Dragon #356 p.48, which is great for persisting. It increases your BAB to full and gives you 1 temporary HP/level, like divine power, and it also gives you a pair of extra arms, increasing to two pairs of extra arms at 12th level.