PDA

View Full Version : TV The M-Word: Legion on FX

Palanan
2016-12-16, 04:05 PM
For the past couple months FX has been advertising a new series for next February, which is apparently based around the charmingly tormented son of Professor X. (It's been a long while since I've read the comics, so I couldn't say much more.)

Since FX is owned by Fox, they're using the M-word to describe Legion, and claiming he "could be the most powerful mutant we know of," yadda yadda.

So, will we really have two different TV shows about metahumans in 2017, one calling them mutants and the other Inhumans?

Rogar Demonblud
2016-12-17, 03:27 PM
Three. Flash has metahumans as well. Or you could include Supergirl (aliens) and Legends of Tomorrow (metas). I'm sure there are others.

Palanan
2016-12-17, 05:05 PM
Fair enough, although I meant the dichotomy of names within the MCU in particular.

Assuming the X-movies are considered part of the MCU. I can't keep up. :smallsigh:

Keltest
2016-12-17, 05:51 PM
Fair enough, although I meant the dichotomy of names within the MCU in particular.

Assuming the X-movies are considered part of the MCU. I can't keep up. :smallsigh:

not typically. Marvel's movie rights are a legal quagmire, but the short version is none of the existing Spider Man, Fantastic 4 or X-men movies are part of the MCU. future spider man movies will, I think, be part of it.

KillingAScarab
2016-12-17, 06:56 PM
not typically. Marvel's movie rights are a legal quagmire, but the short version is none of the existing Spider Man, Fantastic 4 or X-men movies are part of the MCU. future spider man movies will, I think, be part of it.You are correct regarding new Spider-Man movies. Spider-Man joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe was teased in Ant-Man and realized in Captain America: Civil War. The trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming shows that Sony's using scenes from Civil War, as well as the character of Tony Stark played by Robert Downey, Jr. The whole point of the MCU was to allow sharing between multiple studios in much the same way Marvel's shared superhero universe works in the comics. Ever since Marvel was bought by Disney, that sharing has only been between films all produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Disney. It's nice to see that they still have a commitment to playing nice by letting Sony take as much as they want.

I just wish News Corp's subsidiaries weren't so stubborn. They're bringing Runaways to Hulu and I would love for there to have been an actual tie between that and Doctor Strange's Tina Minoru. Runaways, for those keeping track is a team made up of the teenage children of crime lords, mad scientists, time travelers, sorcerers, mutants and aliens. Without being a part of the MCU, however, this means that they will not get to my favorite character: Victor Mancha.
Victor was created by Ultron. Avengers: Age of Ultron was pretty great just on its own, but aside from being killed off-screen in that film, it would be hard to work into another series. I imagine Ultron would be jealously guarded by Marvel Studios even if the Runaways Hulu series were in the MCU. Any attempt to have Victor at present would mean he's just a generic robot guy.