PDA

View Full Version : Thematic Gestalt Build Idea: Grim Reaper incarnate

sage20500
2016-12-17, 04:47 AM
Was trying to come up with a gestalt build that could do pretty decently in a semi optimized group that could be generally useful from levels 1-20. If at all possible I'd like to have the character be wielding a scythe as their main weapon. Was originally starting with one side being wild reaper Druid, but now I'm wondering if a combination of either Psychic Warrior/Psychic Weapon Master (Or something else going into Disciple of Dispater)// and something like either Warblade, Duskblade, Swordsage, or Hexblade might be a better idea.

Thematically and functionally I'm looking towards making the scythe be a competent melee weapon and trying to have several ways of being able to bring around the helpless condition to possibly coup de grace and trip,

any ideas on where to start building? All 1st party sources are allowed, no 3rd party or homebrew.

Mr Adventurer
2016-12-17, 11:06 AM
Warblade 20||Wizard (necromancer) 20. Use a scythe.

2016-12-17, 05:37 PM
Cleric 20//Warlock 20. Combine typical glaivelock stuff with DMM Persistomancy Clericzilla, and you've got a rockin' meleer. Course, you'll have to fluff that glaivelockin' as scythelockin', but that's how it goes.

Vossler
2016-12-17, 06:13 PM
id go persist cleric 20/Dread Necromancer 20