PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Through the Jaws of Hell [PEACH]

Sayt
2016-12-17, 07:31 PM
So, one of the things that's always felt a little inconspicuously absent in 3.5 and Pathfinder was a mounted divine caster Prestige Class. A 'Divine Knight Phantom" if you will, so I thought that I'd try my hand a designing such a class.

So here it is. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q0D-6R0ebc8PD3jSxCeIuHMETEbkgCs_LA9eac3a6PQ/edit) The theme behind the class is that they're an extractor of people from the evil outer planes (inspired by a character of mine who rolled a 1 against the violent beam of a Prismatic Spray and spent most of a week starving in Abbadon)

Critique and feedback are welcome!

Debihuman
2017-01-02, 05:52 AM
I don't think it is worth losing three levels of spellcasting ability.

Sayt
2017-01-03, 06:16 AM
Is anything 'worth' losing caster levels? Would 8 or 9/10 progression be more appropriate?

I honestly think the power loss from losing CL is... overstated. With 7/10 progression you still get ninth level spells if your game goes that high a level, and the loss of caster levels is gradual, not immediate. Furthermore I want to try and avoid making a PRC which is just "Cleric, but with full BAB, an animal companion/cohort, and some other nifty niche things".

Edit: Paths of the Righteous also released the feat Prestigious Spellcaster, which can gain back a casters level lost to PRCing (Including for spell access)