View Full Version : Kalos but no Cigar! IC III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:01 AM
Meilleure Fille is a Pokemon Trainer in the Kalos Region. She's working to battle against the infamous Team Heartless, and traveling with her boyfriend Rush Sikes and her best friend Angela. Along the way she's picked up several Pokemon she cherishes, including Saisho, her Greninja; Phosphora, a Pikachu with a damaged tail she rescued from Team Heartless; and Goliath, her precious Heracross and one of the first Pokemon she ever caught.

After arriving in Coumarine City, where Rush is due to participate in a Contest with other coordinators, Mei was approached by a legendary Pokemon. The Articuno allowed her to catch it and flew her to Anistar City, where she confronted the Shadow Human Roxas. She managed to defeat Roxas and his Mega Zapdos and restore him to normal. But now, the former Gym Leader wishes to return to his ex-wife. And it's up to Mei to help him.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:03 AM
Mei strokes Articuno's neck. "I'll lead the way. It shouldn't take too long for us to get there if we fly."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:23 AM
Gabriel looks up at the sky. "Fly? How are we going to fly? Your Articuno caused a massive blizzard, remember?"

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:45 AM
"...Sh*t." How are they going to leave Anistar with the weather like this?

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:48 AM
Gabriel shrugs. "Guess we're snowed in until morning. Well, it's a good thing we have a house. Kick off your shoes, stay a while. I'm always happy to have guests."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:49 AM
Mei nods and heads inside. "Do you have a phone that we could use to call Sapphiron?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:52 AM
"Yes, of course, I...hm?" Gabriel listens at the phone and blinks, then hangs up. "No dial tone. What?" He flips the light switch to take a closer look, but the lights don't come on. "That's odd. Did Sapphiron not pay the electric bill this month?"

...Right. She would have no reason to pay any bills, since she wasn't living here for months.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:54 AM
"Probably not, she's been living in Lumiose for a while. And with the weather like it is now, I'm guessing that walking to the Pokemon Center is out of the question..."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:57 AM
Gabriel lights a candle and gets some medicine from the cabinet. Zapdos and Articuno are fully healed after a few minutes.

He sits across from Mei and sighs. "The last couple of months are kind of a blur, to be honest."

Mei has the opportunity to figure things out if she asks Gabriel about...whatever she wants to know.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 01:04 AM
"What's the last thing that you can remember clearly? We can try piecing everything together from there."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 01:29 AM
"The last thing I remember? ...I was on Mt. Silver, training in the freezing cold, when a man approached me. He told me that my heart was a burden, and that I should throw the guilt in my soul away. I replied that guilt was important to make sure I never made any mistakes again. And he said...'If your guilt means so much to you, then I can assure you, I will make it so you never forget it again.'"

Gabriel is quiet for a moment, before nodding. "...Marluxia. That's his name."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 01:36 AM
"I see... it sounds like one of the Team Heartless Shadows tracked you down. Their leader is convinced that everyone would be better off if they couldn't experience emotion, just because he can't feel them himself. Their admins try convincing people to seal off their emotions, and to treat their Pokemon poorly by claiming that showing them affection is just making them weaker."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 01:38 AM
Gabriel closes his eyes and concentrates. "I was told...that all humans were evil. That we should turn Pokemon against humans because Pokemon would be better off alone than spending time with Trainers."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 01:45 AM
"Yeah, that sounds like Team Heartless alright. They were trying to use Hypnosis on all of Lumiose so the peoples' Pokemon would start fending for themselves and hating their Trainers."

She frowns. "...I don't think their 'official' leader is the root of the problem, though. Sapphiron is convinced that it's his Malamar pulling the strings, and as eccentric as she might act she's a smart one."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 01:48 AM
Gabriel tilts his head. "Malamar, huh? ...I wonder what a Pokémon has to gain from creating a bunch of Shadow Pokémon?"

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 01:57 AM
"We're still not sure why it's doing it, but figuring out the why isn't as important as stopping it from succeeding... and stopping Larxene from reaching her goal."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 01:59 AM
"Larxene? Larxene...wait, don't tell me. ...Oooooh, the one who's on the Sikes assassination mission right now! Yeah she hates you."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 02:07 AM
"I can't imagine why. It's either interfering with her plans for Irina's brother, interfering with Team Heartless in general, Snagging Phosphora from her, or calling her by her real name." She looks over at him. "Did she have a Buneary hoodie when you saw her last?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 10:00 AM
Gabriel shakes his head. "No. I saw her the day before I attacked Lumiose. She had just gotten orders to kill someone named Rush Sikes and was busy plotting how to do it."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 10:58 AM
"I see... did she say how or why she was going to kill him?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:00 AM
Gabriel blinks. "As to the 'why', it was because she was ordered to do so," he says slowly, like he's talking to a child. "For the how...um, I think she said something about one of the coordinators he's going to perform with has a weak heart, should be pretty easy to make her Heartless and sic her on him."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:05 PM
The Shadow who'd been encouraging the Coordinators. She's there to make sure Rush dies. But... why would they go to all this trouble just to kill Rush specifically?

"Apparently Larxene got taken off of that job, but there's another Shadow who took her place. Did she say when she was going to strike?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:11 PM
The Shadow that was directing the event seemed more interested in turning all of the coordinators into Heartless...it's certainly not a whole lot of trouble just to kill Rush.

Gabriel shrugs. "Everything is still pretty hazy...I can't remember a specific detail like that. ...But I do remember Xehanort's master plan."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 12:13 PM
"His master plan? He has plans other than turning everyone and everything into Heartless or Shadows?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 12:17 PM
Gabriel nods. "Apparently, if enough Pokemon in the world lose their hearts, the guardian Celebi will grow desperate. Rather than placing its trust in humans, as it has done in the past, it will instead be forced to call the creator back to the world. Arceus...the Pokemon that breathed life into this world. It will return to right the wrongs personally, and when it does, Xehanort plans to capture it and use it to create a new world. A world that is perfect in his mind."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 07:10 PM
Mei nods. "So if he succeeds, we're pretty much screwed."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 07:12 PM
Gabriel nods. "Before that happens, you should go see Celebi. I think you can really save these Pokémon if you try."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 07:16 PM
She frowns. "That's easier said than done. Celebi's all the way in Johto, and I don't know if I can just leave Kalos or my friends behind with Team Heartless running around."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 07:20 PM
Gabriel thinks. "Maybe...just calling it will be enough? Maybe you can ask someone in Johto to call it for you and it will take care of things on its own?"

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 07:27 PM
"Well, Professor Sycamore mentioned that the Johto Champion is in possession of the Ilex Bell. If I could get in touch with him somehow, he could probably call on Celebi for us."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 07:31 PM
Gabriel frowns. "The Johto League Champion? ...Sapphiron never mentioned him. And the Champion Sapphiron dethroned lives in Sinnoh now."

That just leaves Elaina then. But she's so well-connected, she has to know him. Right?

Mei's thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the front door.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 07:32 PM
Mei gets up and heads to the front door. She lets Goliath and Saisho out of their balls first, just in case whoever is waiting on the other side isn't friendly.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 07:34 PM
Mei opens the door to find a young girl covered in black shadows. Her hands end in long claws and she looks up at Mei angrily. Axel!

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 07:37 PM
Mei slams the door shut and locks it. "F*cking hell, why is she here?!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 08:14 PM
"Probably for the same reason you are. Because Team Heartless is looking for me," Gabriel states.

A loud sound echoes as Axel slams against the door.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 08:18 PM
"What do we do? Axel's been turned into a Heartless, she's even less likely to listen if we try to reason with her than she was before!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 09:09 PM
"D-E-S-T-R-O-Y." Mei hears an empty voice spelling out letters from the other side of the door.

When she looks outside the window she sees several Pokémon arrive out of thin air.

Wild Unown(D) appeared! Wild Unown(E) appeared! Wild Unown(S) appeared! Wild Unown(T) appeared! Wild Unown(R) appeared! Wild Unown(O) appeared! Wild Unown(Y) appeared!

Axel clenches her fist and sweeps it to the side.

The wild Unown used Self-Destruct!

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 09:10 PM
Mei backs away from the door. Since Gabriel apparently doesn't have any ideas... it looks like the only choice they really have is to defeat Axel directly. Maybe they can subdue her long enough to get away.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 09:35 PM
The door is blown off its hinges and Axel walks into the room.

"Number XIII. You are to return to headquarters immediately. I shall oversee your return to the dark dimension," Axel states simply.

Gabriel frowns. "And if I refuse?"

Axel looks at Mei. "Then I will kill this girl. At least then the trip won't have been wasted."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 09:40 PM
Mei takes a step back. Should she try to run? Is there even any chance of getting away? She looks over at Gabriel. "What do you intend to do, then, Gabriel?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 09:42 PM
Gabriel hesitates. "I...I can't go back. But I won't let you hurt her eit-"

Gabriel's declaration is cut off by Axel appearing behind Mei and kicking her into a wall. "E-X-P-L-O-D-E."

A group of Unown appear, hovering over Mei.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 09:58 PM
Mei picks herself up. This is really bad. "Saisho, use Water Shuriken!"

Each successful hit against base DC 2 continues the attack, the first shot to miss ends the chain.
Accuracy Check 1: [roll0]
Accuracy Check 2: [roll1]
Accuracy Check 3: [roll2]
Accuracy Check 4: [roll3]
Accuracy Check 5: [roll4]

Damage:
Hit 1: [roll5]
Hit 2: [roll6]
Hit 3: [roll7]
Hit 4: [roll8]
Hit 5: [roll9]
Total damage is increased by +6 from STAB and +22 from Special Attack.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 10:24 PM
Saisho hits EXPLODE once. The Unown looks at the water Pokémon before gathering together and blowing themselves up.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 10:40 PM
The explosion knocks Saisho and Goliath instantly. Mei recalls them. She can't stand against Axel, not with this kind of power... "Axel, it doesn't have to come to this. Can't we just... sit down and talk this out?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 10:44 PM
"I care not for what you have to say. Your life is leverage to coerce Number XIII, nothing more," Axel replies. If she even recognizes Mei, she's not showing it.

Gabriel grits his teeth and jumps forward as a new group of Unown emerge. He grabs Mei and raises one hand. The black portal forms and the two of them run into it.

Darkness...infinite absence of light as far as the eye can see. Gabriel starts moving forward. Or backward. There seems to be no direction...or even ground to stand on in this vast empty space.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 10:46 PM
Mei clings to Gabriel's hand, frantically looking around for some kind of landmark to tell where they are. Everything's black, and she can't tell where she is in relation to anything else. "I-is this... that dark realm that Team Heartless uses to get around?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 10:49 PM
Gabriel shakes his head. "No. This is the place where departed souls gather, and transform into Ghost Pokemon. Team Heartless merely intrudes on this land for their convenience."

He seems to know exactly where he's going, occasionally making turns or stepping out of the way, as if to let someone else pass.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 10:51 PM
Somehow, finding out that this is where Ghost Pokemon come from just makes the place more unsettling. "Oh... we're not going to be here long, are we?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 10:54 PM
Gabriel shrugs. "Time is...kind of a fickle thing. Without sunlight to help guide your inner clock, seconds can feel like minutes. Minutes hours. Hours days. Sometimes I feel like it's been years since I wandered into this place, only to arrive at my destination and find out it's been an hour since I left."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 10:56 PM
"Ah... where are we going, though?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:00 PM
"Oh, I have no idea. You never told me where you live."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:05 PM
"I didn't want to say it out loud in case Team Heartless had somebody listening in. I live in Vaniville."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:07 PM
Gabriel laughs. "Oh boy. We've been walking in the wrong direction for about an hour now..."

He turns around and keeps walking. Does he just know his way around this place that well?

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:12 PM
"How can you tell? Everything looks the same..."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:25 PM
"Hm? Oh. Right. You can't see anything in here, can you? Probably for the best, you'd have nightmares about this place for weeks."

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:28 PM
"...That bad, huh?" The sooner they can get out of here, the better, then.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:32 PM
Finally after some time walking, Gabriel pushes her through an exit.

They arrive in Vaniville! It's dark. And cramped. Where is she?

Mei turns her head and sees something no one should ever have to witness. She knows where she is. Her mother's intimates closet.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:33 PM
"Ugh, I'm never going to be able to unsee that!" She pushes her way out of the closet, rubbing her eyes. "Why did the exit have to be there of all places?!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:38 PM
Mei comes out of the closet to see Sapphiron, sitting on her parents' bed, wearing her mother's see-through nightie. Sapphiron screams and covers herself.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:45 PM
Mei covers her eyes and starts feeling her way toward the door. "I'm almost wishing I could see what was in that other world, it'd be less traumatic than this!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:48 PM
Gabriel emerges from the closet. "What are we talking abou- Sapphiron!"

Sapphiron's cheeks turn red. "G-Gabriel?!"

They stare at one another for a long moment.

Diachronos
2016-12-18, 11:50 PM
Mei uncovers her eyes and runs out the door. "I'll just... leave you two to, uh... I'll leave you alone."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-18, 11:56 PM
Mei heads into the other room. But...there's nothing but silence. It seems like the two of them are stunned, unable to move forward at all.

Mei can leave the house at any time.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 12:05 AM
When Mei doesn't hear anything, she sighs and heads back to peek in on them. They might need someone to mediate for them, if a fight breaks out.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 12:09 AM
Mei peeks through the door to see Sapphiron is fully dressed. She's sobbing quietly into her hands while Gabriel stands there nervously.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 12:12 AM
Mei nods toward Sapphiron. Go on, Gabriel, say something to her!

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 12:15 AM
Gabriel notices her nod and clears his throat.

"Sorry I took so long to get back. They didn't have skim free Moomoo Milk."

Sapphiron looks up at him. She's quiet. Mei is worried she really might hit him. But then...

Sapphiron giggles and smiles at him. "I know all about it. You kept my flute this whole time, didn't you?"

Gabriel blushes and shifts uncomfortably. Mei relaxes. They'll be just fine now.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 12:20 AM
Now that the tension seems to have broken between them, Mei heads downstairs. After everything that had happened, she could use a few minutes of relaxation...

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 12:25 AM
Mei relaxes for all of ten seconds before she remembers Saisho and Goliath are still fainted and have been for all the time she was in the dark dimension.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 12:34 AM
After a minute Mei gets up. She writes a quick note for Sapphiron and Gabriel, leaving it on the table beside Sapphiron's bag, then walks outside and lets out Articuno. "Can you take me to Lumiose?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 12:40 AM
Articuno nods and takes off, soaring over the skies of Aquacorde.

When they arrive in Lumiose City, Mei sees the familiar friendly red roof and relaxes. She's safe.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 12:43 AM
Mei walks inside to get her Pokemon healed. After her last visit here, though, she's not letting her guard down completely, and she keeps an eye open for Shadow Auras.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 09:15 AM
"W-wow! Is that...an Articuno?"

Mei sees Clemont Sparks standing at the PC, holding a pair of pliers. There are wires everywhere inside it, and the case that covers them is lying on the ground.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 02:40 PM
Mei nods and strokes the bird's neck. "Is something wrong with the PC?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 02:45 PM
"Nothing's wrong. I'm just performing some scheduled maintenance. Did you manage to learn anything new about Zapdos or Gabriel?"

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 04:14 PM
Mei nods. "They're both back to normal now. Gabriel and his wife are back together now."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 04:24 PM
Clemont smiles. "That's fantastic! But...what are you going to do about the KBI? Aren't they still looking for him?"

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:07 PM
"I'll tell them that Roxas has been dealt with and that he won't be an issue anymore."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:09 PM
Clemont looks unconvinced. "Shall I go with you?"

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:13 PM
"I suppose... but are you sure you want to get involved with that?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:14 PM
Clemont shakes his head. "No, but I think you'll need someone with you when you hear the KBI's answer."

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:15 PM
"...You think it'll be that bad, huh? Alright, then."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:18 PM
The two of them head to Adaggio's office. The receptionist looks up as Mei approaches. "May I help you?"

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:34 PM
"Is President Adaggio in? I have some information on a high-ranking member of Team Heartless."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:38 PM
The receptionist opens a book. "The president is in a meeting for the next hour. May I take a message?"

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:41 PM
She nods. "Can you tell her that Mei Fille has dealt with Roxas, and that he won't be an issue for the KBI anymore?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:51 PM
The receptionist scribbles onto a note and sets it aside with a few other ones.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:53 PM
Mei turns to Clemont with a shrug. "I guess that's all we can do with the KBI right now."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:53 PM
Clemont nods and the two of them leave the building. "So, where will you go now?" he asks her.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 10:57 PM
"Probably back to Coumarine. There's more business there that I have to take care of."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 10:58 PM
Clemont nods. "Oh. That reminds me. While I was in Shalour City, I told Master Gurkinn that I was a friend of yours. He asked me to deliver something to you."

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 11:01 PM
Mei raises an eyebrow. "Really? What did he want you to bring to me?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 11:02 PM
Clemont opens his bag and removes a large Pokemon egg with a brown shell and blue stripes. He hands it to her.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 11:08 PM
Mei's eyes widen, and she carefully accepts the egg. "What? He wanted to give me this? Why?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 11:09 PM
Clemont nods. "He said that he saw the look in your eyes when you beat Korrina. He said it was the look of someone who felt something was missing in her life. So he thought that maybe raising a baby Pokemon would bring you a bit of joy."

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 11:13 PM
She raises an eyebrow. "He got that impression from me beating Korrina?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 11:16 PM
"Apparently you were very upset when you beat her," Clemont replies with a shrug.

Right. Because she was worried about the Shadow PokeRus.

Diachronos
2016-12-19, 11:39 PM
"I was, but it was because of an issue that was going on with her Lucario." She cradles the egg in her arms. To think that Gurrkin felt she could be trusted with something this precious...

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-19, 11:44 PM
Clemont shrugs. "Well, I can take it back if you don't want it..."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 12:03 AM
She shakes her head. "No. Gurrkin's a smart man, and if he thinks I'm the right one to care for this egg, I don't intend to let him down."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 12:05 AM
Clemont nods. "Well, the Egg will only hatch if you take it with you. Putting it in the PC will leave it in stasis. It takes up a spot in your team, so you will need to battle with five Pokemon for some time. Do you have any questions about hatching or caring for an Egg?"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 12:12 AM
"I know that it needs to be kept warm and protected, but are there any other things to consider?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 12:13 AM
"You will need to have a PokeBall ready to hold the Pokemon once it hatches. The hatching process can take anywhere from five to ten minutes, but once it starts breaking open you should stop whatever it is you're doing and pay attention. Also, I recommend not flying while you carry the Egg. All it takes is one bad gust of wind to lose your Pokemon forever."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 12:19 AM
"Got it. So either walk, or put the egg in the PC if I decide to fly anywhere." She rubs the egg, wondering what's contained inside.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 12:20 AM
Clemont nods and heads downstairs, going back to the Gym. Mei is left alone, with the Egg and her thoughts.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 12:27 AM
Mei heads to catch up with Clemont. "Oh, wait, before you go! I head that it's possible to evolve an Eevee into a Steel-type, would you happen to know anything about that process?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 12:28 AM
Clemont looks back at her. "Yes. The Eeevee has to be exposed to a Metal Coat, it's an item that increases the power of Steel moves. You can usually find Metal Coats being held by wild Magnemite, who can be caught at the PokeBall Factory."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 12:46 AM
"Alright. Thanks, Clemont." She heads back inside, and deposits the egg into the PC for safekeeping. A few minutes can't hurt too much, right? And she's planning on taking it back out as soon as she gets to Coumarine.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 12:47 AM
Mei flies back to Coumarine City just as the Pokemon Center is closing for the night.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 01:07 AM
Mei hurries inside to the PC. She arranges her party so that she has Saisho, Goliath, Magnus, Tina, Kimmy, and the egg.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 01:12 AM
Mei enters the Pokemon Center and a young woman smiles and sits down next to her. "Hi! Are you here for the Contest?" she asks, brushing her hair with one hand.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 01:15 AM
Mei smiles and nods, gently massaging the egg in her lap. "Yes, I am. I can't wait to see how my boyfriend does with his first performance."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 09:30 AM
The girl smiles and shift uncomfortably. "I'm excited too. I've waited my whole life to be invited to a Contest. But now that I'm here I just feel like everyone else is on a different level. They all seem so connected to their Pokémon..."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 02:48 PM
Mei frowns. Is this the girl that Larxene had been planning to turn into a Heartless? "Can I see your Pokemon?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 02:53 PM
The girl looks surprised but nods. She tosses a white Ball onto the ground. From the Ball a small white and brown Pokémon emerges.

"Zigzagoon, the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. A Pokémon with abundant curiosity. It is interested in everything around it, so it always moves in a zig zag fashion."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 03:07 PM
Mei smiles at the Zigzagoon. "Aren't you just adorable?" She holds her hand out to the Pokemon, while trying to get a feel for how strong its bond with its Trainer is.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 03:25 PM
"Zag!" The Pokémon hops forward to the right, turn to the left. It hops again to the right and sniffs her hand.

"Arcanoon, show her your best move!" the girl asks earnestly, clutching her fists to her chest.

Arcanoon jumps into the air and spreads its arms and legs wide. Its bushy tail bounces around excitedly.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 03:29 PM
The sight is just too cute. Mei smiles widely. "Arcanoon is one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 03:38 PM
The girl sighs. "I know. The problem is that this is a Beauty Contest. Cuteness isn't the main point. But I don't have any beautiful Pokémon."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 03:41 PM
Mei nods. "What other Pokemon do you have?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 03:46 PM
The girl nods. "Yes, but we are limited to only one Pokémon partner. Arcanoon is my only partner for this Contest."

Her Pokémon seems to have a normal relationship and she's trying to win. There's no sign of a Shadow Pokémon.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 03:56 PM
Mei nods, and gets out her Surf HM. "Do you think this move would help your chances?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 03:59 PM
The girl looks at it. She smiles excitedly, then blinks. "Wait, why are you helping me? I'm competing against the boy you're rooting for."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 04:05 PM
"I want Rush to win, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve a fair chance. And I'll give you the same piece of advice that I gave him: even if you don't win, you still received an invitation to compete here. Out of all the Coordinators in Kalos, how many of them can say that?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 04:14 PM
She relaxes. Mei can see the same relieved light expression that Rush held. She believes she might have just protected the coordinator's heart.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 04:16 PM
"Don't worry. I'm sure you and Arcanoon will do great."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 04:22 PM
She smiles and teaches the Zigzagoon Surf.

"Thank you, Miss."

They head to bed. In the morning, Mei finds Angela looking nervous. "You didn't come back last night. Where have you been?"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 06:40 PM
Mei sighs. "Well, long story short, I caught an Articuno, then found Sapphiron's husband and got him out of Team Heartless' control. Sorry if I worried you, a lot happened in a short amount of time."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 06:46 PM
Angela sighs and shakes her head. "Well...fine. Thankfully Rush is sleeping in the Arena so he doesn't know you were gone all day. Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 06:59 PM
"Well, Axel found us and nearly blew me and Gabriel up, but we got out of there in one piece. Other than that, I'm doing fine."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 07:05 PM
Angela relaxes. "Okay. Well, there's only four days left until the contest. Do you have any plans about Larxene?"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 07:24 PM
"Well, apparently she was targeting one Coordinator in particular to turn her into a Heartless... but I think I might've given her enough confidence to keep that from happening. At the moment, though, we'll just have to keep an eye out. They might be intending to cause trouble, but they haven't done anything directly yet and I doubt the local law enforcement will just take our word for it if we try driving them out of town."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 07:28 PM
"Well...okay, so you stopped Larxene and the other Shadow's plan. But what about Axel? If she came after Gabriel before, what's to stop her from chasing him again?" Angela asks.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 07:31 PM
Mei sighs. "There's not much I can do about that, really. But he and Sapphiron both have ways of getting around quickly, and they're both stronger Trainers than I am."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 07:36 PM
Angela nods. "Oh, right. Claude was moved to the Lumiose Hospital today. He asked me to tell you that death is a normal part of life. He said 'revenge is the only thing that isn't natural about death'."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 07:50 PM
Mei frowns and bows her head. "Maybe... I just wish he didn't have to die like this."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 08:01 PM
The two of them are interrupted by a loud sound. "Ring ring ring! Ring ring ring! Phone call, phone call! Ring ring ring! Ring ring ring! Phone call, phone call!"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 08:04 PM
Mei looks over at the phone. Doesn't Nurse Joy usually take the incoming calls? She heads over to the phone and answers it.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 08:07 PM
Mei answers the phone and Linette's face appears on the other end. "Hello? Oh, Mei! It's you!" She smiles warmly. "I just wanted to call and say congratulations! Your father told me you just got your fourth Gym Badge! You're halfway there already, I can't believe it!"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 08:11 PM
Mei smiles back at her. "Thanks, Mom. How are you and Dad doing?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 08:13 PM
"Your dad got yelled at by the Leader yesterday. Something about trying out some really risky skating techniques. He nearly twisted his ankle! But he just wants to try harder to live up to her, you know? And I've been doing some research so I could help you. You were interested in Mega Evolution, right?"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 08:24 PM
"That sounds like Dad, alright... yes, I was looking into Mega Evolution. I even found a Mega Stone for Saisho!" She lets the Greninja out so that she can see it.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 08:35 PM
Linette clasps her hands together with a smile. "Oh my. Saisho looks so handsome in his new form."

"Ninja..." Saisho blushes happily.

"But I found something I thought you should know. When a Pokémon Mega Evolves it relies entirely on its Trainer to make sure it doesn't lose itself to its power. But something different from normal battling is that a Mega Pokémon obeys its Trainer literally. If you say something like 'hit it with all you've got', the Pokémon will use its moves repeatedly until it cannot attack anymore. You need to be careful with your commands."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 08:38 PM
Mei nods. So Mega Evolution hinders the Pokemon's ability to rationalize what its Trainer means... Is that one of the reasons why Pokemon like Lucario can lose themselves?

"Thanks, Mom. I'll keep that in mind."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 08:47 PM
Linette nods. "Are you doing all your laundry, honey? You should remember to brush your teeth every day. Just because you're trying to save the world doesn't mean you can let your teeth rot!"

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 09:03 PM
Mei sighs, but she gives her mother a smile. "Yes, I'm taking care of myself."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 09:42 PM
Linette nods. "Well, be sure to come home and visit occasionally. Your father may act like he's happy for you, but he's a total wreck when you're not here and we hear something about Team Heartless in one town or another." She waves and hangs up.

Mei needs to decide what she should do today. The egg sits comfortably in her arms.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 09:46 PM
After ending the call, Mei decides to get breakfast with Angela before anything else. Maybe she should just take a day to relax and explore Coumarine?

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 09:52 PM
Angela sits with Mei in the Pokemon Center. She places some locally produced seaweed salad on both of their plates and the two of them enjoy a nice slim breakfast.

"Well, now that you have Articuno and you managed to get a Mega Stone for Greninja...I thought that's what you wanted to try and take down Larxene once and for all? Isn't that why you went to the Sea Spirit's Den in the first place?" Angela points out.

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 10:01 PM
"Yes, it is... I suppose you're right, I should follow through with the original plan. Do you happen to know where Larxene has been staying?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 10:02 PM
Angela closes her eyes. "I think I saw some Team Heartless goons going into a house near the Gym at the end of the street."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 10:05 PM
"'Some'? About how many were there?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 10:12 PM
Angela thinks. "Three of them? Three of the grunts that walk around in ties and suits and sunglasses, you know them."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 10:27 PM
"So more grunts, from the sound of it... I'll have to take a look into that. Are you planning on staying here, Angela?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 10:31 PM
Angela shakes her head. "I'm going home for a day or two. I'll be back in time for the contest, but even if I'm not I'm sure Rush won't mind as long as you're here to watch him. I need to see my parents."

Diachronos
2016-12-20, 10:35 PM
"Alright. Be careful while you're over there, though, Axel might still be around."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-20, 10:38 PM
Angela nods and gives her a salute before heading out.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:12 AM
Mei nods and heads out herself, making her way over toward the building that Angela had described.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:26 AM
Mei arrives at a run-down place with an Out of Business sign out front. The door has been recently opened though, and Mei can hear people talking inside.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:28 AM
Mei walks up to the door and knocks.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:31 AM
The talking inside stops. The door opens, and a boy with a Heartless emblem sticks his head out and looks at her in annoyance. "Whatever you're sellin', we ain't buyin', capiche?"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:37 AM
Mei raises an eyebrow. "What? No, I heard that this is where all of the cool kids are hanging out these days."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:45 AM
The guy looks caught off-guard and his eyes sweep down Mei, checking her out. He immediately straightens up and drapes one arm over the door. "Oh, well yeah. You heard right. But you know, if you want to come chill with us, I have to make sure you're cool too. Sound good?"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:49 AM
Mei chuckles. "Maybe I should've been clearer. I heard this is where the cool kids hang, so you all might want to clear out before they show up."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:57 AM
The Heartless guy staggers back as if she'd slapped him. "Why you! You think you can talk that way to me? Get her, Exeggcute!"

The Heartless guy sends out a small group of pink eggs with eyes. Mei can see a Shadow Aura around all of them.

"Exeggcute, the Egg Pokemon. Its six eggs use telepathy to communicate amongs themselves. It is believed to carry plant genes and the genes of other species."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:03 AM
Mei turns her cap around. "You're up, Saisho! Hit Exeggcute with Lick!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:12 AM
Exeggcute freezes in place by the powerful attack and the thug glares at her. "What the-? Your Pokemon is fully evolved? Well, my Exeggcute is powerful too! Exeggcute, use Magical Leaf!"

A barrage of oddly colored leaves appears and flies right at Saisho. As the Greninja hops and leaps to take evasive action, the leaves follow him everywhere before finally crashing into him.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:29 AM
Mei grabs one of her Great Balls and tosses it at the Exeggcute. "Saisho, go on the defensive!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:32 AM
The Great Ball doesn't hit the Exeggcute. Its psychic powers throw the object far away before it gets close.

"Your defense won't save you here! Exeggcute, use Hypnosis!"

Exeggcute's eyes darken and it hits Greninja with a wave of patterns that lull the Water Type into a state of slumber.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:33 AM
Mei frowns and calls Saisho back. "Tina, you're up!" She tosses another Pokeball.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:38 AM
This time, the Ball clicks into place. It twitches once, twice, three times. It settles in with a click.

Mei has Snagged Exeggcute!

Mei got 2000 for winning!

The grunt gasps and stamps his foot, then slams the door shut.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:47 AM
Mei lets Saisho back out and heals him with a Potion. "Come on, buddy, wake up..."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:48 AM
Saisho does wake up after a moment and licks her face with his long, scarflike tongue. "Greninja."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:52 AM
Mei hugs him. "That's one more Pokemon we've rescued. Do you think we should keep pushing on against these goons right now?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:54 AM
"Ninja. Ninja." He holds up a shuriken and Mei understands. They're here to deal with Larxene. They can't back off now.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:00 AM
"Right. What do you say we have Goliath or Kimmy knock this time?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:01 AM
"Ninja."

Mei sends out a different Pokemon and knocks on the door.

This time a girl with blue hair and chewing gum opens it. "Oh, it's you. Get lost, shorty. This isn't your scene. We're not looking for any fights."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:04 AM
"That's fine, I'm not looking for a fight with grunts anyway. Is your boss here? What was her name... Larxene?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:07 AM
The grunt freezes and stares at her. "....Ay, yo, shorty. You got a death wish or somethin? You can't strut around droppin' names like that. That's liable to get you killed."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:09 AM
"Oh, believe me, there are other names I'd like to call her that are more dangerous. Is she here, or not?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:11 AM
The girl looks upset, but she ducks back into the house. After a few minutes, Larxene exits the building looking annoyed. "Thought we had an agreement, Leaning Tower of D's-sa. You leave me alone, I leave you alone. Why are you coming to look for trouble?"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:16 AM
"Because leaving you alone isn't going to keep Rush safe. Not when the girl that Xehanort replaced you with is still putting all kinds of pressure on the Coordinators."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:20 AM
Larxene sighs and picks up a PokeBall. "You're persistent. That's not good. Let's put her down, Luxray!"

She throws a PokeBall out and a large black and blue wolf with an electric tail emerges.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:27 AM
Mei sends out Goliath. "Alright, let's take out Luxray with Brick Break!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 10:12 AM
Luxray's Intimidate lowered Goliath's attack.

Goliath hits Luxray but the wild Pokémon looks uninterested. "Luxray, use Thunder Fang!"

Luxray howls and leaps at Goliath, chomping him.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 10:40 AM
Goliath keeps the Luxray's fangs at bay with his long horn. "Goliath, hit it with Horn Attack!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 10:47 AM
Luxray looks to be on his last legs. "Useless...Luxray, hit it with Volt Switch!"

Luxray tackles Goliath with a powerful blow, but Goliath catches the Pokémon in his arms and tosses him to the side like a rag doll.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 11:02 AM
Mei nods. Things are going well so far. "Goliath, finish it with another Horn Attack!" The Heracross rises up and comes down hard, slamming Luxray against the ground with a brutal strike of his horn.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 11:07 AM
Luxray is unable to battle! Larxene recalls him and sends out Emolga.

"Emolga, the Sky Squirrel Pokémon."

"Emolga use Aerial Ace!"

The tiny squirrel darts forward and uppercuts Goliath with a gust of air.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 11:23 AM
The hit knocks Goliath out. Mei recalls him and gives the ball a light squeeze. "You did great, Goliath." She tosses her next ball. "Saisho, you're up! Use Rock Tomb!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 11:31 AM
Before Saisho can launch his attack, Larxene appears behind him and slams her fist into his stomach. The assault knocks Saisho off balance and his rock attack goes wide.

Emolga evades the attack easily and charges in on Larxene's command, delivering a ferocious lightning attack to Saisho.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 11:55 AM
Saisho staggers from the combined attacks. Mei grits her teeth; he can't take much more than this...

It's time. Time to test what she and Saisho had been working toward, and to show Larxene just who she's dealing with. "Let's show her what we're made of, Saisho!" She raises her hand and touches the Mega Stone. "Take Emolga out with Surf!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:07 PM
The attack is devastating to the smaller Pokémon. The wave of water crashes down and from behind it...a Pokémon with a huge shuriken strapped to its neck. Its tongue drapes around its neck like a scarf, but then drops lower and also hangs around its waist like a belt. He has a few new scars, but is still just as tough as always. Mega Greninja.

Larxene stares in disbelief and recalls her KO'd Pokémon. "Fine! You want to play rough? I choose you...Raikou!"

A large yellow Pokémon that looks like a tiger with clouds on its back emerges. It has a huge Shadow Aura emanating from it.

"Raikou, the Thunder Pokémon. Raikou embodies the speed of lightning. The roar of this Pokémon creates shockwaves that tear through the sky and crash into the ground. It is believed, but not confirmed, that only one exists in the world."

"Raikou, use Calm Mind!" Larxene orders. The Shadow Pokémon takes a moment of reflection and its stats go up.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:10 PM
Mei puts her PokeDex away. "Saisho, throw down a Smokescreen!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:15 PM
Saisho covers the area with a bomb. Larxene coughs and points forward. "Raikou, use Thunder!"

Immense bolts of powerful lightning gather in the sky and crash down, blowing a hole in the street itself.

...But Saisho remains untouched. His reflexes are phenomenal.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:24 PM
Mei nods and points toward Raikou. "Alright, hit it with Water Shuriken!"

Saisho leaps up out of the smoke and hurls a barrage of watery stars at Raikou.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:28 PM
Raikou growls as it takes every hit and glares.

"Raikou use Volt Tackle!"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 12:36 PM
The attack lands a solid hit on Saisho, and the Greninja goes down.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 12:39 PM
Raikou's recoil knocks the Shadow Pokémon out as well. They are at a draw. Mei is equal to her now, even when she goes all out. That's a huge step forward.

Larxene looks furious and she orders a full retreat. Team Heartless abandons the city. Mei did it! She saved the Contest!

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:00 PM
Mei returns to the Pokemon Center to get her team healed up. She feels different after that encounter... she'd stood against Larxene and forced her, and all of those under her, to retreat, even when she'd called upon a legendary Shadow Pokemon.

Maybe Team Heartless will be putting her at the top of their hit list after what happened today... but that just means that she's given them a reason to fear her.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 01:05 PM
When Mei enters the Pokémon Center she hears a happy chirp.

"Pachirisu!" Mei looks down to see Ian scurry up her leg and sit on her shoulder, nibbling on some Pokémon food.

Rush smiles and gives her a hug. "Hey. How are you doing today Mei?"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 01:59 PM
Mei pets Ian and returns Rush's hug. "I'm doing alright. How have you been?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:07 PM
"I've been pretty busy. About an hour ago, the woman running the training sessions ran off. After she left, everyone just kind of decided to take a break. I don't know what it is but this breath of fresh air has really calmed me down."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:10 PM
"Well, I imagine anybody would feel more relaxed to not have a Team Heartless Shadow shouting 'encouragement' to you and close to 50 other people for hours on end."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:12 PM
Rush blinks. "A Shadow Human?! But...she wasn't wearing a Team Heartless emblem."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:16 PM
"She had the aura, there's no mistaking it. She probably didn't have the emblem because she didn't want someone to recognize her. And Larxene outright admitted that disrupting the Contest was originally going to be her job, but that she got reassigned to keeping an eye on the situation."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:18 PM
Rush straightens up. "Larxene? She's here?! Should we evacuate?"

Run? That's what the old Mei would have done.

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:24 PM
"Larxene was here. She ran away with her tail between her legs after I fought her, and Team Heartless cleared out of Coumarine with her."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:34 PM
Rush stares at her. "You beat her?! Wow. I...I don't know what to say. Well done, Mei."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:36 PM
"Thanks. But... I wasn't able to rescue the Raikou in her possession. It's still a Shadow Pokemon and under her control, so we'll have to worry about that if we run into her later."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:40 PM
Rush smiles. "Well, don't worry about that. You've already made huge progrsss in just the last week. Larxene is Xehanort's second-in-command. If you managed to drive her off, how much stronger could Xehanort be?"

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:42 PM
"I guess we'll know soon enough."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 02:52 PM
Rush takes her hand. "Let me make it up to you, for being away for so long. Let's go on a date together."

Diachronos
2016-12-21, 02:55 PM
Mei blushes and gives his hand a squeeze. "Sure thing, Rush. What did you have in mind?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-21, 03:02 PM
Rush points behind her. Mei turns around and sees a large luxury liner pulling in to the Coumarine Port. "The S.S. Taalia. A relaxing three day cruise for Pokémon Trainers. Want to see if they have any open cabins?"

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 12:00 PM
Mei stares at the ship. "Are you sure, Rush? A three day cruise sounds like it'd be extremely expensive..."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 12:03 PM
Rush sighs and reaches into his bag. He rummages around for a moment and pulls out a manila folder that Mei has never seen before. He opens it and starts flipping through pages. "Bike Voucher, Magnet Train Pass, S.S. Peeko Ticket...here it is. S.S. Taalia ticket." He takes out a golden ticket and shows it to Mei. "Elaina gives me stuff like this all the time. She says I have a better temperament for dealing with rich snobs than she does...and I politely omit that the reason I'm good at it is because I have to spend so much time talking to her."

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 02:07 PM
Mei stares at the contents of the folder. Elaina definitely spoils him, it seems. "I'd love to go with you." She takes his hand and smiles.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 02:12 PM
Rush walks with Mei to the boarding area. He flashes the S.S. Taalia ticket and they are waved on board.

Mei is stunned by the extravagant liner. There is gourmet cuisine all over the dining area. Lobster and veal and all kinds of wine. There are Trainers engaging in trades with rare Pokemon. Anyone can walk up and offer a trade whenever they like. There is a sauna, a pool, a fishing area, and a telescope to look at the stars at night. This place is a paradise for Pokemon Trainers.

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 02:18 PM
"This place is amazing! Have you been here before, Rush?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 02:21 PM
Rush shakes his head wordlessly, as shocked by their surroundings as Mei is.

"Welcome aboard!" a scruffy old man declares, walking over to the two of them. Wow, his whole appearance just screams 'ship captain'. He's wearing a naval uniform with badges of honor, he's wearing a white hat, and the PokeBall on his belt even has a compass inlaid into the top of it.

"We don't get many young'uns on this vessel. I hope you two enjoy your cruise, and be sure to keep an eye out for the excellent deals you can get trading Pokemon. Many Trainers take this cruise to fill up their PokeDex, and they bring along Pokemon that others have never seen before and trade them for pretty common Pokemon they can't be bothered to catch themselves."

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 08:52 PM
Mei nods and smiles at the captain. "Thank you, sir. I'm sure we'll have a great time aboard." She loops her arm through Rush's and tugs him along.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 09:02 PM
Rush follows Mei as the two of them look around further. There is a fully equipped fisher sitting with his rod in the fishing area. He reels his line in and pulls out an oyster Pokémon.

In the gaming area Mei sees several people trying their luck at the slot machines. A rare Pokémon is being offered as a prize if you get the Jackpot.

In the sauna area, Mei sees several Fire Pokémon relaxing in the heated water. They look so cozy and comfortable!

In the pool, there are bikinis and Water Pokémon as far as the eye can see.

And in every corner of the ship, Trainers are challenging each other left and right. Mei can't walk ten feet without seeing a battle.

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 09:47 PM
Mei smiles and gives Rush's hand a squeeze. "What do you want to do first?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 10:03 PM
Rush looks around. "I could really go for a dip in the sauna...my muscles ache after three days of non stop practicing."

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 10:11 PM
"That sounds nice. Let's go to the sauna, then." She walks with him to the ship's sauna.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 10:16 PM
Mei and Rush sink into the bath. Rush sends Ian out to join them.

Mei has enough room to release two of her Pokémon. She should choose two Pokémon that won't be bothered by the heat. Which Pokémon will she send out?

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 10:22 PM
Mei decides to let out Tina and Saisho in the sauna with them.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 10:31 PM
"Dratini! Tini!" Tina swims around happily and blows bubbles in the water.

Saisho relaxes quietly next to Mei.

Rush wraps an arm around her and pulls her face to rest on his chest. His skin is so warm...or maybe Mei's face is just getting hot.

Tina's affection went up!

Saisho's affection cannot rise anymore.

Rush's affection went up a lot!

Mei feels a shift. The captain announces that they have left port. She can see the water drifting lazily out on the ocean.

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 10:51 PM
Mei sighs happily and relaxes next to Rush. This is great... it's nice to finally have a chance to relax, without having to worry about Team Heartless or anything else. If only these three days could last forever....

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 11:09 PM
The group gets out of the sauna. "That's the only thing I was particularly eager to try," Rush says. "What should we do next?"

Diachronos
2016-12-22, 11:30 PM
"Well, the casino looks like it could be a fun diversion. Do you want to give it a shot?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-22, 11:35 PM
Rush nods and heads in with her to the casino.

Mei walks up to the slot machine. She needs to purchase some Coins if she wants to play.

After she buys her Coins, she sits down at the slots and starts making rolls.

Mei can buy 1 Coin for 1000 each, or 10 Coins for 8500.

Mei only has enough time to make 10 rolls per visit to the casino (a roll costs 1 Coin)

How the slots work: For each roll, Mei gets to roll 1d7 3 times. If none of her numbers match, Mei gets no payout. If two numbers match, Mei wins 1000 yen. If 3 numbers match, Mei wins 2000 yen. If Mei gets three 7s, she wins the Jackpot.

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:00 AM
Mei decides to buy 10 coins for now. Just enough to get her started off, and she can buy more later if she needs to.

1st: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
2nd: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
3rd: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]
4th: [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]
5th: [roll12], [roll13], [roll14]
6th: [roll15], [roll16], [roll17]
7th: [roll18], [roll19], [roll20]
8th: [roll21], [roll22], [roll23]
9th: [roll24], [roll25], [roll26]
10th: [roll27], [roll28], [roll29]

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 12:04 AM
Mei and Rush are on pins and needles when they see the 7s come up. Twice, they are nearly successful, but both times they come up just a bit short.

Still, they earn 3000 yen. That's almost enough to make up half of what they spent, and the thrill was definitely worth some cost.

It's still light out. Mei has plenty of places left to explore. Where does she want to go next?

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:08 AM
It's extremely tempting to continue gambling, but Mei decides to take a break for now. She'd heard of people going broke from these machines, so it might be a good idea to limit her exposure. "What do you say we have a few battles to let our Pokemon get some exercise in?"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 12:15 AM
Rush nods. "With each other, or with guests on the ship?" he asks for clarification.

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:17 AM
"Other guests. We already know what the other has, we might as well see some new faces."

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 12:19 AM
Rush nods and takes his team to explore the ship.

Mei enters a room near the dining room. She sees three Trainers in here. A lady with a Linoone wrapped around her neck like a scarf. Her adult daughter, sipping wine and chatting about interest rates, and an older man sitting in the corner looking out the window.

Who will she challenge?

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:41 AM
Mei walks up and holds out a Pokeball toward the woman with the Linoone. "Ma'am, I challenge you to a battle!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 12:45 AM
The woman grins. "Of course honey! I'm always eager to show off my prized Pokemon. Oh Hawk?"

She tosses a PokeBall forward and a large bird Pokemon wearing...a mask? appears and strikes a pose.

"Hawlucha, the Wrestling Pokemon. Although its body is small, its proficient fighting skills allow it to keep up with big bruisers like Machamp and Hariyama."

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:50 AM
Mei nods and tosses her ball. "Tina, I choose you! Let's open things up with Dragon Rage!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 12:52 AM
"Dratini!" Tina fires an explosive burst of damage at Hawk. The Hawlucha looks upset, but quickly recovers and darts forward.

"Hawk, use Karate Chop!"

"Chabu..." Hawlucha slams Tina with one of his clawed hands.

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 12:58 AM
"You've got this, Tina! Use Twister!" Tina twirls in the air, and launches a spiraling current of charged air at the Hawlucha.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 01:04 AM
Hawlucha is blown up into the air and comes crashing down.

"Hawk, use Reversal!" the older woman orders. But Hawk's attack is easily predicted, and Tina manages to snap backward and avoid it.

Diachronos
2016-12-23, 01:26 AM
Tina slips out of the way. "Use Twister again!"

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-23, 01:38 AM
Tina's second whirlwind manages to bring Hawk down to the ground. The rich lady raises an eyebrow.

"Hawk, come back. Well then, Lina. I guess you'll need to defend my honor."

The Linoone hops down from her neck and grins eagerly.

"Linoone, the Rush Pokemon. Linoone always runs full speed and only in a straight line. If facing an obstacle, it makes a right-angle turn to evade it. This Pokemon is very challenged by gently curving roads."

Diachronos
2016-12-24, 06:50 AM
Mei nods when the Linoone comes out. Tina's injured, and keeping her in might not be the best idea... "Alright, good job, Tina! Come on back!" She recalls the Dratini, and sends in Magnus.

NeoSeraphi
2016-12-24, 07:11 AM
"Lina, use Mud-Slap!"

"Nooone!" The raccoon kicks up a cloud of sand and dirt from...the tiled floor of a ship floating over water? Anyway it gets in Magnus's eyes.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Diachronos
2016-12-24, 07:32 AM
Magnus cries out and starts wiping at the mud in his eyes. "It's okay, buddy, you've got this! Use Confusion!" Magnus' eyes glow blue, and he sends a jolt of mental power into Lina.

Accuracy: [roll0]; Lina becomes confused on a roll of 19-20
Damage: [roll1]