PDA

View Full Version : sweet idea

de-trick
2007-07-16, 08:05 PM
I thought of a sweet idea for a character. A two-weapon fighting fighter/ barbarian using two shields.
this is what I want the character to do alot charge the front lines of an enemy and bull rush one guy, then shield bash with both shields to the people on the side of me, then kick the bull rush guy
for feats I know
two weapon fighting, improve unarmed strike, improve shield bash, improved bull rush

Douglas
2007-07-16, 08:13 PM
Sorry, doesn't work. Bull rush is a standard action, not a substitute for an attack, so you can't combine it with a full attack.

Thinker
2007-07-16, 08:18 PM
I don't agree that it is a "sweet idea". It just seems wrong unless the creature has more than 2 arms.

de-trick
2007-07-16, 08:19 PM
i would do it in a differnt round then also after everything would be dead around me I would use shield sling to attack a caster or archer out of my range

so add
shield sling

Matthew
2007-07-16, 08:24 PM
You do know that Shield Bonuses do not stack, right? So, you only get the AC from the best Shield.

Anxe
2007-07-16, 08:34 PM
My GM was totally mean to me about this idea. He said Shield bonuses to AC don't stack even if you have two shields.

Raum
2007-07-16, 08:44 PM
It's not exactly a new idea. I'd recommend putting Shield Spikes on the shields as well, it'll help bump up damage some.

My GM was totally mean to me about this idea. He said Shield bonuses to AC don't stack even if you have two shields.As Matthew mentioned above, they don't.

Matthew
2007-07-16, 08:44 PM
He was right. [Edit] Darn, Raum Ninja'd me

Of course, if you use the Facing Rules, you'd still derive some benefit. Otherwise, just use a Heavy Shield Two Handed.

Darrin
2007-07-16, 10:16 PM
My GM was totally mean to me about this idea. He said Shield bonuses to AC don't stack even if you have two shields.

You're probably not just being devious enough. Try applying a two-headed template from Savage Species... I'm not entirely sure it would give you two shield bonuses, but at the very least, you could get two full-attacks with two spiked shields.

Inyssius Tor
2007-07-16, 10:24 PM
Ooh, or the Symbiotic template (staple yourself to a battleplate-wearing, tower-shield-bearing Bugbear, and you're totally invincible!)

trajan
2007-07-16, 11:32 PM
If you had 2 spiked tower shields, could you use one to grant cover, and the other to get the AC bonus?

Aww. Just checked the SRD, and you give up all your attacks if you cower behind it.

Still an amusing image as the fighter puts both half-cylindrical scutum-style shields around him and hides in the "barrel"

Anxe
2007-07-16, 11:41 PM
Mmmm. Barrel. Had a character whose entire build was based around using barrels once. Freaking hilarious. Roll a barrel of oil into the enemy and then use a fire substituted ray of frost. BOOM!