PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Pyromancer Gish

Citan
2016-12-18, 03:34 AM
Hi all, how are you? ;)

I've been working on a homebrew class based on a mix between elements and swords for a while now.
Following a discussion with a friend here that was looking for a purely fire&sword character, I decided to strip down my current work (too many options and "in-progress" things still) to create a quick Pyromancer that keeps my main ideas. Which is why there is nearly nothing in terms of player choice for now.

To make it easier, I removed a good part of the fluff, it still amounts to quite a few pages though. ;)
In one word, the idea is of someone that learns to manipulate fire energy from his own body, hence the restriction in terms of spells learned (because it's hard to "shape" and "project" large amounts).

Here it is: Pyromancer homebrew (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1CIiAYk-_A6Rm10eHp6Ti1OcXM)

Thanks in advance for any feedback you could provide. Have a nice day!

Sicarius Victis
2016-12-29, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure about the balance of this, so I'm not going to comment there, but I'd like to point out that classes shouldn't get additional abilities at the same levels they gain ASIs. Because of this, the 8th-, 12th-, and 16th-level should be either moved or removed.

Also, the save DCs and such should just be based off of one ability, which they should also get save proficiency with.