View Full Version : The sayings of the Burning Hate

SangoProduction
2016-12-18, 10:38 AM
"The sun can warm your skin or blister it,
nurture your crops or wither them,
light your path, or blind you.

"He is a fickle friend,
but a far worse enemy."

-Immolating Glare, High Templar of Pelor.

Hecuba
2016-12-18, 11:03 AM
The shadows are only ever dangerous from what they conceal. The Sun needs no such aid: Pelor's displeasure is really on its own.

Nifft
2016-12-18, 11:10 AM
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king... until he meets the true king's burning gaze.

Bow before His infernal incandescence, lest His eye meet yours.

We are all slaves to the Sun, and this is why His cruel whip blisters our backs.

Ravens_cry
2016-12-18, 11:53 AM
All shall be ash before our Radiant Lord.
The Unconquered Sun conquers your fate.

Inevitability
2016-12-18, 01:34 PM
In the beginning of days, Pelor walked the skies with Auxcevar, a solar who had slain thrice the blessed number of 67,867,979 demons and was therefore most faithful of Pelor's companions.

As they traveled, the solar pointed up at the Sun far away, which was all of Pelor, and addressed the god walking with him, which was also all of Pelor. This Auxcevar found comprehensible, for his power equalled a single Infinity and he was therefore well-versed in the Divine Paradox.

"I have seen you create the great Sun-which-is-you, my Lord."

The god made a small motion that symbolized acknowledgement, and Auxcevar briefly marvelled at its beauty.

"I, however, question it." Auxcevar continued, knowing the danger in his words. "At times, the light leaves the sight of those beneath it, for it travels through the sky as we do. At other times, its light is so bright that it blinds and burns. If my Lord is possessing of Infinities so great, why has he not become a Sun that is omnipresent and pleasing to the eyes? Both these things are accomplishable even with Finite power."

Pelor knew the answer instantaneously, but pondered the question for seven hours. Auxcevar waited with impatience, for even the Infinite experience Time.

At last, Pelor spoke. The deity's voice was as quiet as a distant star and as loud as a supernova, as gentle as a ray of light and as harsh as a solar flare, it was understood by all and only comprehensible for those knowing of the Divine Paradox. Auxcevar knew all this and forgot it immediately, for the deity spoke perfect Truth that left no room for realization.

"Lack, and fear thereof. These, Auxcevar the Heretic, are what motivates worship. A world without sunset would be one where none pray for dawn. A world without blazing light would be one where none pray for shelter. I am that what worships me, and must therefore feign imperfection."

Auxcevar was stunned for seven days, during which Pelor stood and watched from all space at once except for that occupied by Auxcevar.

"What being would put out his eyes so that others may lack his gaze?" the celestial uttered at last.

"A cruel one." Pelor answered before setting.

Auxcevar contemplated this conversation for seven years before resolving it through self-annihilation.

Remuko
2016-12-18, 05:30 PM
In the beginning of days, Pelor walked the skies with Auxcevar, a solar who had slain thrice the blessed number of 67,867,979 demons and was therefore most faithful of Pelor's companions.

As they traveled, the solar pointed up at the Sun far away, which was all of Pelor, and addressed the god walking with him, which was also all of Pelor. This Auxcevar found comprehensible, for his power equalled a single Infinity and he was therefore well-versed in the Divine Paradox.

"I have seen you create the great Sun-which-is-you, my Lord."

The god made a small motion that symbolized acknowledgement, and Auxcevar briefly marvelled at its beauty.

"I, however, question it." Auxcevar continued, knowing the danger in his words. "At times, the light leaves the sight of those beneath it, for it travels through the sky as we do. At other times, its light is so bright that it blinds and burns. If my Lord is possessing of Infinities so great, why has he not become a Sun that is omnipresent and pleasing to the eyes? Both these things are accomplishable even with Finite power."

Pelor knew the answer instantaneously, but pondered the question for seven hours. Auxcevar waited with impatience, for even the Infinite experience Time.

At last, Pelor spoke. The deity's voice was as quiet as a distant star and as loud as a supernova, as gentle as a ray of light and as harsh as a solar flare, it was understood by all and only comprehensible for those knowing of the Divine Paradox. Auxcevar knew all this and forgot it immediately, for the deity spoke perfect Truth that left no room for realization.

"Lack, and fear thereof. These, Auxcevar the Heretic, are what motivates worship. A world without sunset would be one where none pray for dawn. A world without blazing light would be one where none pray for shelter. I am that what worships me, and must therefore feign imperfection."

Auxcevar was stunned for seven days, during which Pelor stood and watched from all space at once except for that occupied by Auxcevar.

"What being would put out his eyes so that others may lack his gaze?" the celestial uttered at last.

"A cruel one." Pelor answered before setting.

Auxcevar contemplated this conversation for seven years before resolving it through self-annihilation.

That was beautiful. I think I'm going to cry.

Inevitability
2016-12-19, 02:29 AM
That was beautiful. I think I'm going to cry.

Thank you. :smallsmile:

Bad Wolf
2016-12-19, 02:45 AM
Walk always in the light, or we will drag you into it.

Ah, Stendarr...