PDA

View Full Version : Role-playing with Asmodeus (Pathfinder)

Talelle
2016-12-18, 03:25 PM
So, to illustrate the situation the other night I made a Kitsune Magus, Bladebound Kansai all the fixin's, ya'll know, but that's not all that important. What is important is the character's backstory, which I always try to tie my characters into setting lore when possible. Previously I played a devout worshipper of Cayden Cailean who always carried a stein and some grog around and was a performance combat fighter, it was that character's goal to someday take the test of the Starstone himself (the actual becoming a God didn't matter to me but it's a very cool in game motivation). Alas that campaign didn't get played to fruition though I still have him in my pocket for a future game I guess.

Anyways, on to this character I decided to go a different route, and as you can maybe tell I really like the pantheon of deities in Pathfinder! So for this Kitsune, the story is she was once just a regular fox, but the forest she lived in was one day decimated by poachers (or something I'm still writing it up) and most of the other critters were wiped out and hunted. Terrified, my little fox had Asmodeus appear before her, and in exchange for giving her the power to defend herself she would become a sometimes slave to Asmodeus (note, my character is not evil but did take this deal, also let's not get into the mental capacity of foxes, we assume that my fox understood the implications at least in basic form, it's friggin' Asmodeus, I'm sure he can communicate witha fox. :P ). The way the deal works is my fox had her for fox shape turned into that of a Kitsune's, with the implications that has for you know, being a player character, as well as elevating her consciousness to that of a typical humanoid, also though, said consciousness newly awakened was imprisoned in a blade, a black blade to be precise, and while there is a bit of role reversal (I.E. typically the blade will just telepathically control the ) there is room for Asmodeus to step in and say hey, do this, me and the DM will work the further implications out down the road, but yeah. We basically decided I can roll against being compelled to do something with a fairly high DC (might get easier as my character gets more powerful?) But in general my character might end up sacrificing an enemy (or other NPC who knows?) To Asmodeus or things along those lines.

So at any rate, I guess I just want some advice on where we can go with this (my group knows my backstory but their characters don't, I was kinda just riffing it all out loud while making the character) and just in general what are some fun things that can happen with a story like this? Or similar experiences you may have had as players or as DM's dealing with players!

Hope to see some neat replies!