PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Bard Templates in Pathfinder, please help

Gopherknight
2016-12-18, 06:40 PM
I've been looking into making a bard in pathfinder, first time building a character in pathfinder. I had previously built a fear based bard which had the draconic template in DnD 3.5, it gave +2 STR, +2 Con, and most importantly +2 Cha and +2 intimidate.

My question is, does anyone know of a similar template in pathfinder which has these types of benefits??

In this case I'm not looking to make a fear bard, so in any case, I need help finding a template which gives +x amount of Cha and any other benefits are nice to, and honestly if you know of any other templates good for bards that don't meet that criteria would be greatly appreciated as well. Preferably only templates of CR +1, but any suggestions would be nice as well.

CharonsHelper
2016-12-18, 06:52 PM
Pathfinder isn't really deigned to stack templates. Most games I've seen don't allow them.

If you're talking racial bonuses - several give +2 CHA. (Halfling & Gnome both make good bards. Halfling are great combat bards with +2 Dex and Gnomes make solid illusionists with +1 DC)

Any of the main 3 races can get +2 Any (human/half-elf/half-orc) Half-orc gets a +2 intimidate bonus and weapon proficiencies, and half-elf gets Skill Focus of free - which works great in combo with Versatile Performance - that's how I went with my melee bard.

LibraryOgre
2016-12-19, 02:50 PM
The Mod Wonder: Moved to the appropriate Subforum. Please post system-specific questions in the correct subforum.

GrayDeath
2016-12-20, 02:36 PM
Ask your DM to use the AdvancedRaceGuide, and then build a Human Variant (for 10pts) to match or, if he allows up to say 20 pts, get a real Charsimancer Race. ;)

stanprollyright
2016-12-20, 04:15 PM
I suggest a Half-Orc Bard, for Weapon Familiarity and a bonus to Intimidate. You can put your ability score bonus into whatever you want.

Also you might want to check out the Dirge Bard archetype for the Haunting refrain ability; lets you use Perform in place of intimidate and gives enemies a penalty to saves against fear.

If you're chaotic evil, you could also take 3 levels of Antipaladin for Aura of Cowardice, which lets you use fear effects against normally immune foes. You also get Cha to saves and some other minor benefits.

Geddy2112
2016-12-20, 04:23 PM
I suggest a Half-Orc Bard, for Weapon Familiarity and a bonus to Intimidate. You can put your ability score bonus into whatever you want.

Also you might want to check out the Dirge Bard archetype for the Haunting refrain ability; lets you use Perform in place of intimidate and gives enemies a penalty to saves against fear.

If you're chaotic evil, you could also take 3 levels of Antipaladin for Aura of Cowardice, which lets you use fear effects against normally immune foes. You also get Cha to saves and some other minor benefits.

Second the fear antipaladin/bard, arguably the best fear build in pathfinder.

meschlum
2016-12-21, 01:11 PM
If only somebody had made a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?352704-Templates-and-you) to Pathfinder templates!

Then prospective Bard players could consult it (ignoring the final sections on Lycanthropy) and look for nice things. Ways to boost your Charisma, for instance. Or to acquire fear auras (Terror, Nightmare). Or just plain attribute boosts (Advanced).

Of course, it would need to be updated given that Pathfinder has moved ahead since then, but it's still a starting point.