PDA

View Full Version : OoTS Secrets [SPOILERS]

Ertier
2007-07-16, 09:28 PM
Opinions on any of the following or you're own...
1. Belkar's Destiny (Whom he will cause the death of)
2. V's Gender
3. Mitd's Identity
4. Daigo's Last Name
5. Miko's Afterlife

Just to say I figured out V's gender. You see, Order of the Stick Directly parrallels Order of The Scribble. Racewise, Class Archtypes (not class strictly but roles those classes have), Hell even Motives. So why not Gender. The Scribbler's have 4 men, 2 women. The Stickers have 4 men, 1 woman and 1 androgyn. Thus if it they match V should be female....

Ridureyu
2007-07-16, 09:33 PM
1. To be a Jedi, like his father before him.

2. Hermaphrodite.

3. Speed Racer's Brother

4. Smith

5. Seventy virgins

Dragon_Keeper
2007-07-16, 10:22 PM
1. Everyone, when he breaks the remaining gates and releases the scribble

2. V is actually a robot from the 34th century

3. Xykon's mother

4. Miyazaki (he's Miko's half brother)

5. Miko's still alive, just like Elvis

Tmabbbb
2007-07-17, 12:41 AM
1. Roy and Miko. They already died, 'cause of Belkar.

2. V doesn't have a gender.

3. A shadow.

4. Greenhilt.

5. Miko doesn't deserve an afterlife.

BRC
2007-07-17, 12:51 AM
2. V's Gender
3. Mitd's Identity
4. Daigo's Last Name
5. Miko's Afterlife

Just to say I figured out V's gender. You see, Order of the Stick Directly parrallels Order of The Scribble. Racewise, Class Archtypes (not class strictly but roles those classes have), Hell even Motives. So why not Gender. The Scribbler's have 4 men, 2 women. The Stickers have 4 men, 1 woman and 1 androgyn. Thus if it they match V should be female....
1. to kiill roy 42 times
2. V's gender will be revealed as male 21 times and female 21 times in the same strip
3. a patch of superdarkness containing 42 grue's
4. fourty twoshen
5. 42 things to kill per day

Oberon
2007-07-17, 01:08 AM
1. to kiill roy 42 times
2. V's gender will be revealed as male 21 times and female 21 times in the same strip
3. a patch of superdarkness containing 42 grue's
4. fourty twoshen
5. 42 things to kill per day

I take it you've read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy then? just a hunch...

16oz
2007-07-17, 01:09 AM
1) Roy, beacuse of handing him that ring of jumping +20 let him get up high enpugh to the undead dragon to reach Xykon. Maybe himself too, as the oracle told Belkar that his death is imminent.

2) The world will never know. We'll prby get a series of strips that includes the party passing by V's hometown, and will meet V's mate.. only to find the mate as gender neutral (did I just make up a new alignment?) as V is.

3) a half dragon, half teifling, half orc (just so it adds up to three halves).

4) Noname-zaki

5) Boring, broken up by regular visits by Windstalker.

Siwenna
2007-07-17, 01:32 AM
1. Roy, but I hope it will be direct enough as to leave little room for debate. Yes, techinically he may have "caused" Roy's death, but I want Belkar to really kill him.

2. Female. I hate how everyone is always saying the V is female because she acts like this, or male because he does that. I simply see her as female, that was my first impression of her, and I still think "female" when I look at a pannel with her in it.

3. No clue whatsoever.

4. Kato

5. Probably some sort of very lawful, semi-good plane where all the mattresses have tags. She deserves to rot in hell, though, for being so annoying.

Ithekro
2007-07-17, 01:40 AM
1. Roy, then later the Oracle because he feels cheated.

2. Female. Just because.

3. Only the Shadow knows.

4. Kim

5. Will be raised as a god by a combination of the love of her fan base and her hatred of her enemies. The hatred and discontent caused by her divine nature will cause the end of the known universe.

jamroar
2007-07-17, 01:41 AM
1. The whole bally lot of them (but in entirely unsatisfying ways, and in some cases, against his will).
2. Undetermined to the end as a running joke. But offhand, I would say signs point to V being female.
3. A grue, or some kind of advanced templated neo-otyugh.
4. Maradona. :smallwink:
5. Celestial stablehand, or barred from residency on a technicality to wander the planes if she's scheduled to return.

Oberon
2007-07-17, 01:41 AM
2. Female. I hate how everyone is always saying the V is female because she acts like this, or male because he does that. I simply see her as female, that was my first impression of her, and I still think "female" when I look at a pannel with her in it.

I ge the same thing, but for male (but maybe my view is skewed by Roy calling him "V-Man" in strip 9. I don't remember, but I think I thought s/he was male even before that though.). The only time s/he has actually looked female to me was when s/he wasn't wearing robes (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html).

The point is, I didn't realize V was supposed to be andrgynous until they pointed it out in the comic. Even then, it took me a bit.

Siwenna
2007-07-17, 05:37 AM
The point is, I didn't realize V was supposed to be andrgynous until they pointed it out in the comic. Even then, it took me a bit.

Yeah, neither did I. First I thought V was female, then when Roy said "V-man" I thought male, then I decided that V was actually female and it was just a nickname ROy gave her. THEN Belkar made some comment about how s/he was androgynous.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-17, 05:52 AM
1: to be exhalted as the true sexy shoeless god of war
2: Female.
3: Ultra-Epic-Leveled bunny
4: Hitler
5: Me rezzing her and killing her all over again constantly

TheAlmightyOne
2007-07-17, 06:20 AM
1) The oracle
2) Female
3) Thogs half-brother. Goht the cleric
4) Chan (Jackie Chans brother clearly)
5) Ironic punishment - namely being kicked around by Soon Kim and Shojo

Rasumichin
2007-07-17, 07:33 AM
1. The oracle, because he believes him/her/it to be Yikyik's mother-in-law or somesuch.

2. Elf.

3. Fiendish half-dragon-Tarasque epic level Clericzilla/Ur-Priest

4. Redshirt.

5. Nine hells of Baator.

Tal9922
2007-07-17, 07:50 AM
1. He'll wind up killing all of the people on the list in extremely indirect and roundabout way except for one, and the forums will be filled to the brim with how he's gonna get the last one killed, and then he'll wind up slitting his/her throat =P

2. Male. I always saw him as a male before i even knew of the gender debate.

3.He's a bugbear with the Monster of Legend Template!

4.Mxyzptlk

5.She'll wind up being ressurected or something =P

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-17, 08:20 AM
1. The whole list
2. Elven
3. To be the comedy relief
4. Anderson
5. Mechanus.

polipone
2007-07-17, 08:53 AM
1. The Oracle. He's a kobold, after all, and Belkar hates kobolds (right, he hates everyone, but kobolds could be his chosen enemy)
2. I always think of him as male, because of the -us desinence.
3. Tough question. Since it's a comedy relief character, I think it would turn up to be a cute, little, harmless creature.
4. Matsui.
5. According to her alignment (LG with LN tendencies) she should wind up in Arcadia (but the Giant's cosmology could be different).

Scatman
2007-07-17, 09:04 AM
1. Paris Hilton.

2.Vaarsuvius is Daffy Ducks half-brother.

3.The Silver Power ranger.

4.Spears.

5.Spending her life watching ducks explode for entertainment while she is beaten to a pulp by a rancor with a stick.

Unscrewed
2007-07-17, 09:41 PM
1: To indirectly kill Roy. Later, to become a demon lord Orcus style.

2. None. Elves have no gender, and reproduce by cellular fission.

3. A one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater.

4. Khan

5. The peaceable kingdoms of Arcadia.

yoshi927
2007-07-17, 09:54 PM
1. All of them, except maybe the oracle. But they'll just end up getting resurrected, that's the sad part.

2. Itmale.

3. Pun-pun.

4. Kinomoto.

5. Arcadia, or in a different cosmology, maybe Valhalla? (he has Thor and Odin, and Miko seems like a warrior) Not enough to tell, really, so I'm going with Arcadia.

bladewyrm
2007-07-17, 10:12 PM
1.He already killed roy and miko, what the f*uck do you want?

2.He got surgery, thats right I said he

3. Maybe he's zykon's son, who he turned into a monster with magic, wich would explain his childish behavior.

4.Whatever miko's last name was, srry missed that part

5. ANTIPALADIN HELL! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ariko
2007-07-18, 12:16 AM
Ah, but who is Zykon? is he Xykon's long lost twin maybe?

Eco-Mono
2007-07-19, 01:14 AM
2. V's Gender
3. Mitd's Identity
4. Daigo's Last Name
5. Miko's Afterlife
1) By the end of the story, he will have indirectly caused all of their deaths at least once. However, he will never have had the opportunity to actually do it on purpose. Prophecies are a bitch, aren't they?

2) Transmutation-related accident in V's college years makes the original answer irrelevant.

3) I would say a grue, but they've already been published (at a ridiculously low CR, no less!) in Complete Mage. :smallmad: As it is, the MitD is probably a homebrew monster of which we are unaware, or possibly an unconverted 1st/2nd edition monster recruited by Xykon from the Vault.

4) This is impossible to guess at the moment, and will be revealed at the moment of Daigo's death. This allows for the maximum dramatic utility.

5) According to Planescape, the devout worshiper of a deity will dwell in that deity's realm as a petitioner. Under that premise, the most likely plane for the Twelve Gods is Celestia, Arcadia, or something else in that area. However, it is possible that the Giant is using a nonstandard cosmology, in which case the answer is far from clear. This possibility gains its strongest support from the fact that petitioners retain knowledge of their former lives - although Roy's father could easily be a special case, given the "ancestral link" to the Greenhilt sword and whatnot.

So in other words, I choose to hedge shamelessly.

EDIT:
Ah, but who is Zykon? is he Xykon's long lost twin maybe?It's possible. Remember, he's got three. :smallwink:

Aethir
2007-07-19, 01:40 AM
1) He'll come to kill the oracle as he leads his followers in the future on a campaign to destroy all kobolds(He ends up going with someone to see the oracle again later and that person avoids the memory wipe)

2) Neither, as is V's mate.

3) It is "Hello Kitty", the whole umbrella thing is just to throw us all off.

4) Livealonglife

5) Sabine's masters captured ate her soul, she no longer exists.

bladewyrm
2007-07-20, 10:11 PM
Ah, but who is Zykon? is he Xykon's long lost twin maybe?
srry misspell lol

Ariko
2007-07-21, 02:46 AM
srry misspell lol

Its hard for me to pass up an oppurtunity like that when people mispel Xykon. just my peculiar sense of humor :smallbiggrin:

Hankosha
2007-07-21, 03:37 AM
1. Ray (Again).
2. V is actually a Shapshifting Monster who absorbed the Memories& Body of the real Varsuvius, but without the Dangly bits.
3. Genetically Modified Human.
4. Ibaraki.
5. She doesn't get one.

Renx
2007-07-21, 04:23 AM
1. Roy (already happened)
2. Yes
3. Tom Jones
4. WhoCares
5. Long