PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder AC monk/brawler

Shadowscale
2016-12-19, 01:34 AM
Hey there, I was interest in a theoretical build using either the unchained monk or brawler for a base I was wondering how one would go about getting the highest AC possible? Was trying to think of a decent defensive character all about maxing out Dexterity and Constitution as high as they will go. Was just wondering if any feats, archetypes, or etc exist to accomplish this?

Geddy2112
2016-12-19, 10:19 AM
I wish I still had it, but I did an optimization exercise based on getting a max AC. I think I hit triple digits by level 20. Remember a monk adds wis to AC as well so you need to max it out. That said, over 80 and a tarrasque with true strike wont hit you.

Halfling is arugably the best racial choice-you have the cautious fighter feat, +2 to AC from fighting defensive or total defense. You also get the desperate swing(attack during total def), bludering defense (give adjacent allies half your total defense bonus to CMD and AC) and uncanny defense(half total defense bonus to CMD and reflex)You want the crane style tree, so you can increase AC and outright negate attacks against you. Monks also get evasion and at higher levels, spell resistance, both adding to defense.Grab deflect arrows, as well as dodge. Use your ki pool for another +4 AC when needed. Belts of dex and headbands of wis, ring protection etc etc.3 ranks in acrobatics for +1 to AC when fighting defensive or total defense. If you get 13 int you can get combat expertise for more AC boosting.

I think that is the bulk of the build.