PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PEACH] Alchemist archetype (Anatomist)

Xerlith
2016-12-19, 11:46 AM
New weapon:

Dart Crossbow
A Dart Crossbow is a Light Crossbow that shoots Blowgun darts instead of bolts.

(Simple)
Ranged Weapons
Cost
Dmg (S)
Dmg (M)
Critical
Range
Weight
Type
Special

Dart Crossbow
50 gp
1d4
1d6
x2
100ft
5 lbs.
P
-

Anatomist

Precise Targeting
At 1st level, the Anatomist gains a Dart Crossbow. Her starting weapon is battered, and only she knows how to use it properly. All other creatures treat her crossbow as if it had the broken condition. If the weapon already has the broken condition, it does not work at all for anyone else trying to use it. This starting weapon can only be sold for scrap (it’s worth 4d10 gp when sold). The Anatomist adds her Intelligence bonus to the damage dealt with the Dart Crossbow.
This replaces Throw Anything.

Infused Ammunition
At 2nd level, the Anatomist gains the Infusion Discovery. She may apply the Infused extracts to the darts of her crossbow (as it can be done with poison) and administer them as a ranged attack within the first range increment. The darts used in this way deal no damage. Willing targets may make themselves flat-footed to this attack even if it isn’t their turn.
This modifies the Discovery gained at the Alchemist’s 2nd level.

Mutagen Infusion
At 8th level the Alchemist may use the Infused Ammunition to administer their Mutagen to a willing target. They gain the Mutagen's effects as if they were the Anatomist.
This replaces the discovery gained at 8th level.

So, that's it. I made it for a player in my campaign, which is why the abilities are jumbled stlightly weirdly. Administering the potions is meant to make the Alchemist efficient at action economy, but I hope not overtly so. I'll be glad to accept any improvements over what I've created (since it's convoluted).

It may turn out I've overseen some more obvious way (Bolt Ace1/Grenadier19?) to go about doing what this wants to accomplish (which is healing and buffing with a crossbow), which doesn't require homebrew. If so, please do point it out to me.