PDA

View Full Version : Regional Feat Choice Help: Jotunbrud or Dreadful Wrath

sage20500
2016-12-19, 01:11 PM
Building a gestalted Warblade20//Wolf Barbarian 2/Zhetarim Fighter10/Barbarian8 that focuses on using a scythe to trip people while also terrorizing everything around him, (To my knowledge the DM's world's setting is very anti magic and undead are not very common, so I should be able to actually use Demoralizing a lot.)

I just realised though that Jotunbrud while it does give nice bonuses to tripping doesn't actually allow me to wield a large scythe like I thought it originally did, so the big dilemma I've been trying to resolve is for my regional feat should I take Jotunbrud for bullrush and trip bonuses, Dreadful Wrath for demoralize synergy, or possibly Tireless for barbarian raging with no penalties...

Pretty much race wise I am locked into either Human or Half Elf for game story reasons so I don't have the option of using the half giant template or goliath race.

Edit: If I went with Dreadful Wrath from being a Rashemen Barbarian, would that allow me to also take Ettercap Berserker? It's not a you must take at level 1 feat, but it includes Region: Rashemen in the prereq so I'm not sure if it is rules legal to have both. Just saw that the 3.5 update made them no longer regional feats

sage20500
2016-12-19, 01:13 PM
Does Jotunbrud allow for one to qualify for the Knockback feat?

Inevitability
2016-12-19, 01:22 PM
Fairly sure Jotunbrud would also help with intimidation. Intimidate checks are opposed, after all, and being large helps you with them.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-12-19, 01:25 PM
Jotunbrud gives you a specific list of benefits and a bonus to intimidation is not on it nor will it permit you to use any feat that requires large.

sage20500
2016-12-19, 01:28 PM
Jotunbrud gives you a specific list of benefits and a bonus to intimidation is not on it nor will it permit you to use any feat that requires large.

So aside from the +4 to opposed strength checks and ability to make it harder for other things to mess with you on their own size based special abilities, its probably not otherwise worth it over being able to get Dreadful Wrath and later on get an extra +2 con while raging?

ZamielVanWeber
2016-12-19, 01:34 PM
The benefits of Jotunbrud are far better early gamr than late, although Dreadful's Wrath's Save DC suffers the same problem although if you can escalate the fear it could be great against weaker enemies

Inevitability
2016-12-19, 02:07 PM

Really?

Whenever you receive a modifier based on your size on an opposed roll (such as during grapple and bull rush attempts), you are treated as Large if that's advantageous to you.

I don't know, the use of 'such as' implies that grapple and bull rush are only two examples, not the only things this feat affects.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-12-19, 10:51 PM
I don't know, the use of 'such as' implies that grapple and bull rush are only two examples, not the only things this feat affects.

Not how I normally read it, but you are right that is a 100% valid way of reading it and, in that case, helps you out majorly since it gives +4 on Intimidate as opposed to the save on Dreadful Wrath everyone is gonna make.