PDA

View Full Version : Epic Bonus Feat Progression Question

2016-12-19, 03:23 PM
So, I've been looking around for this for awhile now, and it's finally relevant to a character for a real game so I thought I'd give in and ask others for assistance.

If a base class has an established bonus feat progression, as well as an established epic bonus feat progression, is the latter in addition to the former, or replacing it? For example, a fighter gains a fighter bonus feat at first level, and "an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter", while the epic fighter gains an epic fighter bonus feat every two levels after 20th. Under these rules, does a Fighter leveling up to Fighter 22 gain one feat, or two? I can't seem to find a rule saying the previous progression doesn't continue, but the text/table of the epic fighter seem to indicate that the previous bonus feat progression no longer continues. Am I just not seeing it?

OldTrees1
2016-12-19, 03:41 PM
RAI The Epic Base class replaces everything (especially BAB, Saves, and features)

Another way to think about it is that Epic Base Classes are Prestige Classes with the "20th level in base class A" or "10th level in prestige class A & 20+ECL" prerequisite

2016-12-19, 03:45 PM
RAI The Epic Base class replaces everything (especially BAB, Saves, and features)

That's my understanding as well. I've found the rules that replace BAB and Saves, but I can't find anything indicating class features cease accumulating the way they did pre-epic (like how the various things the Monk gets continue leveling up as normal into epic). It feels like what the rule should be, and is intended to be, and it feels like the kind of things that's gotta be explicitly spelled out somewhere, but I can't find where that somewhere is.

Bronk
2016-12-19, 04:06 PM
The rules for epic progression are here:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/epicLevels.html

The only thing missing is who gets what feat progression for classes that aren't listed. That's in the 'Behind the Curtain' section in the ELH, p24.

2016-12-19, 04:23 PM
The rules for epic progression are here:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/epicLevels.html

The only thing missing is who gets what feat progression for classes that aren't listed. That's in the 'Behind the Curtain' section in the ELH, p24.

Much appreciated, thank you! :smallsmile: