PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Ur Priest Questions

Thurbane
2016-12-19, 10:01 PM
Thee quick (?) question about Ur Priest:

1. Ur Priests are very much against worshiping deities. Does this include Elder Evils and/or Arch Fiends? [I vaguely remember asking this once before - there may be an NPC in Elder Evils which is a EE worshiping Ur Priest, but I'm AFB at the moment].
2. Can an Ur Priest take Domain feats? The fluff for these feats seems to imply they are tied to worshiping a deity with that domain in their portfolio.
3. Are there any PrCs (or other methods) that allow an Ur Priest to pick up Domains without having to worship a deity?

Cheers - T

Tiri
2016-12-19, 10:10 PM
1. Apparently not. There is indeed a NPC Ur-Priest, Caira Xaisten, in Elder Evils who serves one.

2. They probably can since you don't have to worship a God to take domain feats.

3. Contemplative, for one.

Troacctid
2016-12-19, 11:50 PM
3. Are there any PrCs (or other methods) that allow an Ur Priest to pick up Domains without having to worship a deity?
A list of all such prestige classes, with sources:

Arachnomancer
DrU

Auspician
FP

Battlepriest of Cormyr
D307

Church Inquisitor
CD

Contemplative
CD

Divine Oracle
CD

Dracolyte
Dr

Earthshaker
D314

Master of the North Wind
D314

Master of the West Wind
D314

Seeker of the Misty Isle
CD

Swift Wing
DM

Warpriest
CD

Wearer of Purple
DrF

John Longarrow
2016-12-20, 02:09 AM
For Church Inquisitor the RP requirement: "Must be a member of a lawful good church or religious order, and must have already uncovered some corruption within that organization." may be very hard to pull off. That said, if you've had a change of heart from being Evil and do go into this, see if you can grab at least one level in Sacred Exorcist to give you Turning to go with your Rebuking. This would make for some really fun DMM tricks.

Tiri
2016-12-20, 03:32 AM
For Church Inquisitor the RP requirement: "Must be a member of a lawful good church or religious order, and must have already uncovered some corruption within that organization." may be very hard to pull off. That said, if you've had a change of heart from being Evil and do go into this, see if you can grab at least one level in Sacred Exorcist to give you Turning to go with your Rebuking. This would make for some really fun DMM tricks.

Or you could be infiltrating the order.

Frosty
2016-12-20, 05:27 AM
A list of all such prestige classes, with sources:
Awesome info
Troacctid, how do you have so much knowledge at your fingertips? Do you just know these things by heart, or do you have a nice search system set up somehow? :smallamused:

Kelb_Panthera
2016-12-20, 05:35 AM
Troacctid, how do you have so much knowledge at your fingertips? Do you just know these things by heart, or do you have a nice search system set up somehow? :smallamused:

I'd hazard it's a bit of archiving and bookmarking magic. Organization goes a -long- way.

Technetium43
2016-12-20, 05:35 AM

I would bet some manner of sorcery.

John Longarrow
2016-12-20, 09:50 AM
With the current threads up, either sorcery or wizardry.

stanprollyright
2016-12-20, 01:10 PM
With the current threads up, either sorcery or wizardry.

Do you just know these things by heart,
That would be sorcery.

or do you have a nice search system set up somehow? :smallamused:
That would be wizardry.

Troacctid
2016-12-20, 02:02 PM
It's a spreadsheet and the link is in my signature. I just filtered it for divine classes that provide one or more domains and don't require a patron deity. :smallwink:

John Longarrow
2016-12-20, 02:06 PM
I knew it was wizardry!!!

P.S. Thanks!

Technetium43
2016-12-20, 02:06 PM
Frikkin' wizards...

EDIT: Also Ur-Priest Contemplative sounds hilarious fluffwise.