PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sor-lock Better MC way?

Erfar
2016-12-21, 06:30 AM
So, what Sor-lock better MC way from 1st level? I wanna use many Ench/illusion spells and abusing Eldrich blast/Quicken metamagic combo.

Shadow Sorcerer & Great Old One Warlock

Specter
2016-12-21, 07:43 AM
You definitely want to start Sorcerer for the Constitution save proficiency. After that, take a lock level for Eldritch Blast. Then two more Sorc levels for meta, and another lock level for invocations. At level 5, you have all you need to deal 4d10 + (CHAx4). From there, I'd go full Sorc, unless you like the pact boons.

Note it's also possible to grab EB with Magic Initiate or Spell Sniper.

Citan
2016-12-21, 07:59 AM
Hi.
I have a sligthly different suggestion than Specter. ; )

Start Sorcerer but go straight up to 3rd level at least, possibly 5th. Why ?
Until 5th level Eldricht Blast would not be that better than other cantrips anyways so you can safely wait you dont miss much. In counterpart you get at least Mirror Image for defense along with whichever illusion or enchantment spell you want and you start playing with metamagic.
If you bear waiting up to 5th it means you get one ASI to bump CHA, which is pretty important imo for someone wanting to enchant others and you then get Slow which is a very powerful group debufff. : )

By the way if ua allowed go Shadow no questions asked. 6th level ability trumps every other for you. : )