PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Plz help with my Eldritch Knight build?

Pakis54
2016-12-21, 09:43 AM
hi guys i am trying to make an EK in a pathfinder setting, the way i have imagined him is something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/mHRh1K6.jpg

as the name implies he is a knight which to me it translates to using some kind of a melee wpn like a sword, maybe a falchion,or a halberd. he is wearing armor and in the same time throwing either rays of some kind like scorching ray or a battlefield control spell.

so i am joining the party at 15th lvl and they are freaking OP cause they had rolled dices and came up with stats of what would be a point buy 60, and they have 1 additional bonus DM feat at 1st lvl.

DM also allowed Twilight armor property and this:
http://www.realmshelps.net/stores/armor/Thistledown_Suit

so the class aint gonna be a beast cause EKs are not such a great PrC but with that point buy and the feats he should be really good so i would like your help to make him as good as possible!
i am mostly trying to figure out the feats i should take any insight is welcome

DM BONUS FEAT, 1ST LVL, HUMAN
1) Traits: Magical Knack=Practiced Spellcaster,Lesser/Reactionary= Imp.Init, Lesser
2) Combat Casting
3) Toughness

3RD LVL
4) Craft Wondrous Item

5th LVL, 5th LVL WIZARD METAMAGIC
5) Arcane Strike +2 damage
6) ??????????????-1ST METAMAGIC

6TH LVL - 1ST LVL FIGHTER
7) Power Attack

7TH LVL
8) Furious Focus

8 LVL - 1ST LVL EK
9) Weapon Focus

9th LVL
10) Quicken Spell 2ND METAMAGIC

11TH LVL-5TH LVL EK
11) ??????????????
12) Weapon Specialization

13TH LVL
13) ??????????????
15TH LVL
14) ??????????????

Pyromancer999
2016-12-21, 05:44 PM
From what I can see of your description of your character, seems you might be wanting to play a Magus instead of going whatever X/Eldritch Knight 10. Spell Combat does a lot to give you the whole Spell/Sword dualism.

Also, are you using any Archetypes with your current build?

Pakis54
2016-12-22, 03:13 AM
From what I can see of your description of your character, seems you might be wanting to play a Magus instead of going whatever X/Eldritch Knight 10. Spell Combat does a lot to give you the whole Spell/Sword dualism.

Also, are you using any Archetypes with your current build?

hi and thx for your input
this char came from 3.5e it was a previous char i had from a previous campaign that never ended and the DM allowed me to continue in this pathfinder setting i am about to get in...the world we are playing is the same as the one before just some few years ahead and some previous chars we have interacted with the new ones....
so tl;dr
things like race and class cant change even if the magus is practiacally a better choice in achieving what i am trying to do here...

i am looking at classes like the Sword Binder. as for the way i will "allocate" the classes,i am more focused as an arcane caster rather than a melee combatant especially with a paladin and a cleric in the group, so i was thinking either
wiz 5/fighter 1/EK 9 or wiz 8/fighter 1/EK 6
1st option is more melee oriented better BAB and HP but the 2nd option allows me to save some money from buying new spells since i wont get new ones as i lvl up in EK.