View Full Version : Lizardfolk bite, TWF?

mgshamster
2016-12-21, 11:59 PM
Can a lizardfolk use their bite attack as part of TWF?

I'm considering playing one for AL, but I'm uncertain of the rules here.

Giant2005
2016-12-22, 12:07 AM
The TWF rules don't cover unarmed attacks - if they did, the Monk's Martial Arts feature would be partially redundant. So no, you cannot use an Unarmed Attack as one of your attacks for purposes of Dual Wielding (But that Monk dip could be really useful to you - even while armored you could use FoB to get two Bite attacks in as a bonus action. They would somehow knock the target over too if you were an Open Hand Monk).

PloxBox
2016-12-22, 12:09 AM
Well, considering it says that it changes your unarmed strikes, I would probably say RAW no. Afterall, bonus action unarmed strikes are a monk's thing. But, unless you're playing AL, talk to your GM about it.

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-22, 09:46 AM
screw twf bitey the monk

mgshamster
2016-12-22, 11:14 AM
That's what I figured. Thanks guys.

(And yup, it's for AL).

I was looking to just make a fighter, but looks like I'll need a one level dip into monk.

Willie the Duck
2016-12-22, 02:50 PM
Oh, were you trying to do the whole two-handed weapon (or weapon and shield), plus twf thing?

mgshamster
2016-12-22, 09:23 PM
Yeah. I was trying to build Lizardman from Soul Calibur, and seeing if the bite attack could work as TWF.

Only way to do the TWF thing is monk. But then no shield. :(

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-23, 10:15 AM
Yeah. I was trying to build Lizardman from Soul Calibur, and seeing if the bite attack could work as TWF.

Only way to do the TWF thing is monk. But then no shield. :( i mean a fightyer,could work. and he only had twf in five other wise he was all shield and axe or wok and mutton.maybe defense duelist doo champion