PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pathfinder posion help, and crafting buildings.

redfeline
2016-12-22, 12:43 AM
Two items.

First off I am playing an investigator. I have poison conversion allowing me to adjust poisons from one type to another. Ex: Injury to inhaled. So I want to know how do inhaled poisons work. Do I break a bottle the fumes are in, do I set something on fire? Do they last only 1 round in the area. Since they effect an area do I need a dose for each creature in the area? All of that stuff.

Secondly I am getting the amazing tools of manufacture.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/tools-amazing-tools-of-manufacture
I would like to make buildings with it, what craft skill can I use to do that if any. (I assume profession engineer would only be for design and not building.)

redfeline
2016-12-25, 12:00 AM
Is it safe to assume the posion rules are as nebulous for others as they are to me and there is no clear cut answer to this question?

So dm's out there, what would you run this stuff as?

Coidzor
2016-12-25, 01:21 AM
Some inhalation poisons are basically breakable glass vials that one throws.

Other inhalation poisons, such as Poison Oak/Sumac/Ivy have to be burned in order to create poison smoke.

IIRC, the ones with explicit craft DCs and prices all are of the throw and smash variety.

As for making a building, Craft Carpentry for wooden buildings, Craft Stonemasonry for stone masonry buildings. No idea what you'd do for adobe/earthworks/cobb/wattle-and-daub structures. It'd probably be something like Profession(miner) to mine out subterranean sections to make rooms that way.

That or just Craft(Buildings). It's largely what the GM will let fly.

A good thing about Craft(Buildings) would be that you have a fairly compelling reason to be allowed to have an awful lot of people making Aid Another checks.