PDA

View Full Version : Please help me understand Static realms

Poppatomus
2007-07-17, 08:16 AM
Sorry if this is spamming, not sure which forum this should go in, so I put it both here and in gaming.

Looking into planes for the monthly contest I have becom entrigued by the idea of a "static" plane. However, the idea of a whole plane being unchangable is fairly vauge to start and is kept vague by the SRD. I was hoping y'all could help me out by nailing down the details or maybe providing an example of such a plane. Some of my specific questions:

1.) Are static planes automatically dead to magic?

2.) If creatures living on those planes can't be changed, does that mean all creatures on the plane at a given time or just native creatures?

3.) is static something that can have a grade or an exception (mostly static, static with limited divinely morphic areas)?

Matthew
2007-07-29, 11:22 PM
I never found out the answer to this. What actually is a Static Plane and in what book are they published?

Poppatomus
2007-07-30, 07:46 PM
nor I, though static realms are mentioned briefly in the SRD, which is where I found it. I'll look for the exact link.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-30, 09:04 PM
Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm#static) is the answer that you seek. And yes: static planes are nearly dead to magic; even moving non-magical things requires a Strength check. Static indeed.