PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Has anyone used Mythic Heroes Handbook by Legendary Games?

Ualaa
2016-12-23, 11:37 AM
I'm curious if anyone has used this series.

They had a kickstarter a while back, "Mythic Mania", which included Dreamscarred Press, Kobold Press, Legendary Games, and Rogue Genius Games collaborating.

I know there's a mythic psionic book out now, and I believe that material is included within the Mythic Heroes Handbook.

There are also a Mythic Monster manual (Legendary Games has numerous mythic monster supplements, organized by type) and a Mythic Spell Compendium (with all the spells from the five Paizo-Pathfinder main hardcover books).

Paizo has a 26 page PDF, which is taken from the Mythic Heroes Handbook, which details the fixes they've made to the Mythic Game. This includes: Action Economy, Nova Problem, Stacking Multipliers, Single Ability Focus, Rapid Recovery, Bypassing Immunity & Resistance, Unlimited Caster Versatility, Rocket Tag, and There's No Kill Like Overkill.
So apparently, they've identified a number of issues with the mythic game, and have fixes for them.

If anyone has used this system in their games... I'm curious how balanced it is. They say there are a lot of mythic feats, spells, etc... How do those feel? Are they fun in play... Would you recommend it?

legomaster00156
2016-12-23, 12:43 PM
I believe the book as a whole is well-written, and includes a bunch of nice, well-balanced abilities for the GM and PC's alike.

Ssalarn
2016-12-23, 02:08 PM
I own it in print, and it's excellent, probably a better resource than Paizo's Mythic Adventures as far as quality and quantity of content, and it has support for multiple 3pp products.

Ualaa
2016-12-24, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the endorsements.

Our group has always liked mythic, gestalt, high level, etc.
There isn't that much material along those lines.

I'll check it out.