PDA

View Full Version : Quick warweaver questions

Adalid
2016-12-23, 02:39 PM
So after reading the handbook I understand using sanctum spell for early entry, but what I dont understand is how they're using sanctum spell to put 6th levels in the tapestry. I understand that by not being in your sanctum 6th level spells are 5ths, but wouldnt leave the sanctum make you lose the prereqs for warweaver so you have no tapestry to load the spells into?
Side note if you can think of domains worth using with arcane disciple to buff my party or pathfinder spells that I may not know about feel free to shoot them my way.

Adalid
2016-12-24, 10:25 PM
anyone :frown:

Doctor Despair
2016-12-24, 10:29 PM
Not sure about Pathfinder or Warweaver, but in general in 3.5 you don't lose the benefits of a class by losing the prerequisites unless it is specifically called out that you do so. There is a book that has rules that say you do, but it isn't a core book and so doesn't apply to anything outside of that book necessarily. There is a class in an older (core?) book that has you become a dragon at its final level, iirc, but a prereq is that you are not a dragon, so that would be quite the dysfunction if it worked that way.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-12-24, 10:32 PM
So after reading the handbook I understand using sanctum spell for early entry, but what I dont understand is how they're using sanctum spell to put 6th levels in the tapestry. I understand that by not being in your sanctum 6th level spells are 5ths, but wouldnt leave the sanctum make you lose the prereqs for warweaver so you have no tapestry to load the spells into?
Side note if you can think of domains worth using with arcane disciple to buff my party or pathfinder spells that I may not know about feel free to shoot them my way.War weaver allows you to add one spell level per war weaver level into your tapestry, meaning (without legacy champion or uncanny trickster abuse) it caps at 5th level spells. Sanctum Spell allows you to treat a spell as though it's either one level higher or one level lower than it actually is, depending on whether or not you're in your sanctum. If you take a bunch of 6th level spells and treat them all as 5th (as Sanctum Spell allows you to do), then suddenly you can load a bunch of 6th level spells into your 5th level tapestry.

Adalid
2016-12-26, 02:01 PM
War weaver allows you to add one spell level per war weaver level into your tapestry, meaning (without legacy champion or uncanny trickster abuse) it caps at 5th level spells. Sanctum Spell allows you to treat a spell as though it's either one level higher or one level lower than it actually is, depending on whether or not you're in your sanctum. If you take a bunch of 6th level spells and treat them all as 5th (as Sanctum Spell allows you to do), then suddenly you can load a bunch of 6th level spells into your 5th level tapestry.

Yea that's the part I understand but how would you be able to leave your sanctum without losing your warweaver prereqs, therefor not having a tapestry.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-12-26, 02:21 PM
Yea that's the part I understand but how would you be able to leave your sanctum without losing your warweaver prereqs, therefor not having a tapestry.There are lots and lots (and lots) of uses for Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten Spell. *Hint, hint*

Not to mention that the only PrCs I'm aware of that force you to lose abilities when you don't meet the prereqs are either in Complete Warrior, or the class has an entry specifically for it.

Adalid
2016-12-26, 04:39 PM
ooo, thank you friend! Appreciate the help