PDA

View Full Version : Player Help That arbitrary thread where we try to remake characters in TV shows and anime; Fate

Nishant
2016-12-23, 09:52 PM
Alright, so it's no secret that I love the Fate series. and while they already had a handful of characters, with the development of Grand Order, a lot of new Heroic Spirits have been added to the roster, outside of Extra and Apocrypha. And while 5e is a rather toned down system, I was curious how everyone would go about building characters and with what resources.

bid
2016-12-24, 12:47 AM
I think someone already tried for Gilgamesh, but I haven't seen others pass by.

Nishant
2016-12-24, 01:20 AM
I do believe it's accepted here that Artoria is a Sorcadin. Heracles would likely be a Half-Orc or Goliath Barbarian hands down, at least as he is in the Berserker Servant Class.

Ravinsild
2016-12-24, 03:20 AM
What about video games? I think by level 11 when you get Relentless Rage to stay alive you've basically become Tryndamere. Now you just need to get more crit and more damage and never die when you drop to 1 HP and you're Tryndamere. I think the UA Barbarian Path of the Zealot has something where you can't die that's similar too. I guess 3 levels of champion for extra crit chance and be 17 Barbarian/3 Champion Fighter Half-Orc that looks mostly human and you're pretty much Tryndamere, right? (League of Legends)

Strangely enough I can't seem to really make a Bard from FFXIV. I mean the obvious choice would be Valor Bard with a Longbow but...weirdly Bards don't seem to get buff spells like Haste, Bless, Crusader's Mantle or anything like that to make people BETTER at doing stuff. Most of their spell list seems to a) make mean things nicer to you (charm like effects and so on) or b) debuff enemies making THEM weaker

Also D&D 5e doesn't have any damage over time like effects like Windbite and stuff so idk. Maybe it can't be done.

Nishant
2016-12-24, 12:40 PM
What about video games? I think by level 11 when you get Relentless Rage to stay alive you've basically become Tryndamere. Now you just need to get more crit and more damage and never die when you drop to 1 HP and you're Tryndamere. I think the UA Barbarian Path of the Zealot has something where you can't die that's similar too. I guess 3 levels of champion for extra crit chance and be 17 Barbarian/3 Champion Fighter Half-Orc that looks mostly human and you're pretty much Tryndamere, right? (League of Legends)

Strangely enough I can't seem to really make a Bard from FFXIV. I mean the obvious choice would be Valor Bard with a Longbow but...weirdly Bards don't seem to get buff spells like Haste, Bless, Crusader's Mantle or anything like that to make people BETTER at doing stuff. Most of their spell list seems to a) make mean things nicer to you (charm like effects and so on) or b) debuff enemies making THEM weaker

Also D&D 5e doesn't have any damage over time like effects like Windbite and stuff so idk. Maybe it can't be done.

Trynd sounds about right; give him a magic weapon and he's off to the races.

Valor Bards still get magical secrets, so you could cherry pick those support spells you're yearning for.

Spellbreaker26
2016-12-24, 12:51 PM
Fate/Zero

Assassin would be a Rogue (Subclass: Assassin) Obviously, but I'd multiclass him with the Trickster Cleric for those duplicates.

Caster seems like a Warlock/Wizard or maybe a Sorlock.

Saber's a Paladin. Some people have suggested Sorcadin, but I don't think so. (That's more the remit of the second Archer.) With the exception of Excalibur's ranged attack, all of her abilities could be duplicated with Paladin pretty well.

Rider's a Barbarian, I think. Really, it's difficult to replicate his Ionian Hetaroi while still representing his close combat prowess. Maybe a few levels of Favoured Soul Sorcerer: War to get Spirit Guardians?

Lancer seems to be a battlemaster fighter dex build, with the two weapon fighting and polearm master feats.

Berserker: Barbarian, maybe a multiclass with one of the new UA paladins, the Blackguard one.

Gilgamesh. Hmm. He's easily the trickiest. He seems the most like a Sorcadin.

Nishant
2016-12-24, 01:33 PM
Fate/Zero

Assassin would be a Rogue (Subclass: Assassin) Obviously, but I'd multiclass him with the Trickster Cleric for those duplicates.

Caster seems like a Warlock/Wizard or maybe a Sorlock.

Saber's a Paladin. Some people have suggested Sorcadin, but I don't think so. (That's more the remit of the second Archer.) With the exception of Excalibur's ranged attack, all of her abilities could be duplicated with Paladin pretty well.

Rider's a Barbarian, I think. Really, it's difficult to replicate his Ionian Hetaroi while still representing his close combat prowess. Maybe a few levels of Favoured Soul Sorcerer: War to get Spirit Guardians?

Lancer seems to be a battlemaster fighter dex build, with the two weapon fighting and polearm master feats.

Berserker: Barbarian, maybe a multiclass with one of the new UA paladins, the Blackguard one.

Gilgamesh. Hmm. He's easily the trickiest. He seems the most like a Sorcadin.

Zero!Assassin sounds about right, too.

I'm thinking he's either a wizard or a tomelock; as a Saber he's probably bladelock... Fiend pact maybe?

Saber could likely be both or either, depending on what class she's summoned as (she's on record as being able to be summoned as a Saber, Lancer, and Caster.)

Rider is tricky for me as well. I was thinking some kind of fighter/revised ranger multiclass, perhaps with cutting out spells for another feature? It's hard to say really. He'd probably have inspiring leader and the mounted feat. Ionion Hetaroi can't really replicated at this moment.

Lancer sounds pretty solid. Make him a wood elf and give him mobile feat for good measure.

Berserker definitely works for a Barbarian and/or Paladin. Out of Madness, he's likely a straight paladin, Order of the Crown.

Gilgamesh is... Gilgamesh. But yeah, likely a sorcadin as Archer, and a pure sorcerer as a Caster class. To quote Shirou, "He's a king, not a warrior."

Spellbreaker26
2016-12-24, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking he's either a wizard or a tomelock; as a Saber he's probably bladelock... Fiend pact maybe?

Not fiend, Great Old One pact without a doubt.

Nishant
2016-12-24, 06:20 PM
Not fiend, Great Old One pact without a doubt.

Fair enough