PDA

View Full Version : Land of Origin [Brainstorming]

Hefty Lefty
2007-07-17, 10:59 AM
My DM has his new campaign starting, one which he says will take us to Epic level. We're all very excited, as he is our best DM. Also, he has a few very creative ideas. For one, we all start at level 1, then have a solo adventure to reach level 2. Then we meet the rest of the party.
The other reason is that his world is pretty incomplete, and he is allowing us to create our PC's land of origin. My PC is going to be a Ranger (Archery) of either the human or elf (not half-elf) race. I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas. This land has to be very creative for the solo adventure. What can you guys think of?

Zeta Kai
2007-07-17, 11:15 AM
Sounds like your DM is farming out a lot of the worldbuilding to the players. Not a bad idea... a bit lazy, but not bad...

Well, since it's just a 1-level adventure in a land that you might never return to, let's go for broke. We don't no your race, so this will be somewhat generic:

-as a member of a squad of scouts, you have been sent for (likely futile) medical assistance to treat a virulent plague that has already decimated the population, & threatens to bring the kingdom to its knees; looting & refugees are prevalent, bodies litter the streets, the stench of death is as common as the panic of life

-the nation has erupted into civil war between rival factions, vying over the right of succession & the crown of the murdered king; once a border guard, you have refused to choose a side in this petty-yet-destructive war, & are now fleeing to the safely of the wilderness, where you know you can survive (if you can even make it there)

-the Dark Powers have conquered your once-peaceful land; the people are being rounded up & enslaved; the resistance has already been crushed; you were a proud member of this resistance, determined to avenge your family's deaths, but now you are fleeing for your life as the tide of the Dark Power's forces laps at your weary heels

There you go. Take your pick & knock yourself out.