PDA

View Full Version : Dnd 3.5 can a barbarian cast spells?

Evy
2016-12-25, 04:04 PM
Okay so i have 2 questions ... Can a barbarian cast spells without having the rage mage PrC? Also if said barbarian became a deity could the cast the domain spells of their domains said barbarian has?

Darrin
2016-12-25, 04:16 PM
Okay so i have 2 questions ... Can a barbarian cast spells without having the rage mage PrC?

Yes. The Runescarred Berserker PrC (Unapproachable East) is designed to do exactly that. There's also the more expedient method of just casting spells while not in a rage.

Also if said barbarian became a deity could the cast the domain spells of their domains said barbarian has?

I have no idea... It probably depends a great deal on the circumstances and methods that led to deification. But I'm also tempted to say... You're a gawd, why exactly do you need to cast spells while raging?

Inevitability
2016-12-25, 04:27 PM
Also, the Champion of Gwynwyrhowever can cast spells, and unlike the Runescarred Berserker can cast them while raging. In addition to this, it also gives some paladin class abilities. It's Good-only, though.

ShurikVch
2016-12-25, 04:31 PM
Rage Casting feat (Dr#310) allow to cast spells while raging as long as casting time is free(/swift/immediate) action

ZamielVanWeber
2016-12-25, 04:33 PM
A barbarian deity with divine rank 1+ can cast their domain spells as spell-like abilities., which I think rage blocks. However, if said barbarian has Cha 29 when they get a divine rank they can take the salient divine ability Alter Reality which copies Wish and can be used while raging!