PDA

View Full Version : Weapon style feats, aptitude weapons, and excessive sillyness.

Telok
2016-12-26, 03:56 PM
So there's a reading of the Aptitude weapon enchantment that leads to applying the Lightning Maces feat to kukris. For this exercise in silliness we're assuming that that's the correct interpretation of the enchantment. Since Lightning Maces is a weapon style feat it is logical that an aptitude weapon can be used with any weapon style feat. So the question becomes "How many weapon style feats we can cram into one character as fast as possible?"

Just as a start I worked through enough prereq combos to come up with a human fighter that acquires Axespike, Spinning Halberd, Lightning Maces, and Shielded Axe by level 9. Which gains the character an extra attack on a full attack (Axespike), a +1 dodge bonus and an extra attack on a full attack (Spinning Halberd), an extra attack for every threatened critical (Lightning Maces), and no penalty for using a buckler. Although it does probably require a quarterstaff since Spinning Halberd specifies a staff end of a weapon.

Can anyone else come up with anything that crams in more style feats faster?

daremetoidareyo
2016-12-26, 08:51 PM
Dude, if you want to get wild with it, I just found this: Rank 4 in a war domain church affiliation (complete champion p.44)

General: Apply any feat that normally applies to a single weapon to all the weapons with the same damage type in an entire weapon class. For example, if you have Weapon Focus (longsword), you can apply its benefit to all martial slashing weapons.

Thurbane
2016-12-26, 09:08 PM
Dude, if you want to get wild with it, I just found this: Rank 4 in a war domain church affiliation (complete champion p.44)

General: Apply any feat that normally applies to a single weapon to all the weapons with the same damage type in an entire weapon class. For example, if you have Weapon Focus (longsword), you can apply its benefit to all martial slashing weapons.

That is a very interesting tidbit to know, thank you!

Technetium43
2016-12-26, 09:09 PM

... I'm just gonna... look through that part of the book, see if I find anything else interesting, because that is VERY interesting.

EDIT: Ruby Temple Rank 3 - Emerald Master: Increase caster level by 1 for a single school of magic (your choice). (notice how it doesn't say EFFECTIVE caster level, like other benefits similar to this in the same book)
Knowledge Domain Rank 4 - Scholar: Once per day, negate a single ability of an enemy creature that you've discovered using a successful Knowledge check. This effect lasts for 1 minute and is a supernatural ability. The creature can attempt a Fortitude save (DC 10 + your character level + your Int modifier) to negate this effect.
Strength Domain Rank 4 - Paragon of Brawn: Your Strength. score permanently increases by 1.
Disciple of Legend Rank 3 - Favored of Paragons: Once per year per five class levels (maximum four times per year at 20th level), you can call on the organization for aid to combat some evil force or cult. This aid takes the form of a number of followers and cohorts, determined as though you had the Leadership feat (DMG 106), but only for the duration of that specific endeavor.
Paragnostic Assembly Rank 3 - Seeker of Unseen Words: At this rank, you can choose anyone of the skills on the Paragnostic Scholar list (except Truespeak) that does not appear on your class list. As long as you remain a member in good standing, that skill is treated as a class skill for you, regardless of which class you are advancing in.

There's some neat stuff, I've never really payed attention to the affiliations before.

John Longarrow
2016-12-26, 09:12 PM
Just remember that you need to hit to threaten a crit. Had this discussion a couple weeks ago with a player who thought that since the crit range on their rapier was 18-20 they'd autohit on an 18-20.

Venger
2016-12-26, 11:10 PM
Just remember that you need to hit to threaten a crit. Had this discussion a couple weeks ago with a player who thought that since the crit range on their rapier was 18-20 they'd autohit on an 18-20.

Well, that's what murderous intent is for.