PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Critique my Oracle build (level 12)

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 12:36 AM
As the title says I want advice on improving my Oracle build who is desinged to be a good melee combatant.
Half elf Oracle ,ancient lorekeeper archetype
Stats 25PB
Str 22 (10, half elf +2)
Con 18 (5)
Dex 14 (5)
Cha 20(10)
Int 9 (-1)
Wis 7 (-4)
Hp: 114
Initiative: +3, rolled 3 times.

Revelations
Skill at arms (1)
Weapon mastery with falcion (extra revelation)
Suprising charge (3)
War sight (7)
Battlefield clarity (11)

Feats
Extra revelation (1)
Craft wonderous item (3)
Craft Magic Arms and Armor (5)
Power attack(7)
Furious focus (9)
Quicken spell(11)

108,000 GP
Misc items
Prayer beads, standard with only karma bead (10,000)
Belt of physical might +4 (Con and Str) (20,000)
Cloak of resistance +4 (8,000)
Headband of charisma +4 (8,000)
Swift runners shirt (500)
Cracked dusty rose prisim (250)
Boots of speed
Weapons
+1 keen holy flaming Falcion (+4 when enhanced greater magic weapon is cast) (25,350)
Defensive items
+1 fortitified (50%) Plate (9,800)
+4 Ring of deflection (16,000)
Remaining: 4,418
Favoured class bonus
Level 1-3: HP
Level 4-12: Spells known

Spells
Per day
8/7/7/7/6/3
Spells Known
Cantrips (10)
Create water
Detect magic
Detect poison
Guidance
Light
Mending
Purify food and drink
Read magic
Spark
Level 1 (8)
Sheilding stone
Divine favour
Obscuring mist
Protection from evil
Protection from chaos
Bless
Presdtigion (LK)
Liberating command
Level 2 (8)
Defending bone
Align weapon
Lesser restoration
Grace
Silence
Aid
Share language
Feather fall (LK)
Level 3 (7)
Magic vestament
Invisbility purge
Paragon surge
resist energy communal
Stone shape
Magic circle against evil
Mirrior Image (LK)
Level 4 (6)
Greater magic weapon
Sending
Blessing of fervour
Restoration
Freedom of movement
Rage (LK)
Level 5 (2)
Wall of stone
Spell resistance
True seeing
Greater invisbility (LK)
Level 6 (2)
Heal
Overland flight (LK)
(LK) stands for a lorekeeper spell
Plus cure spells

Attack routine (with greater magic weapon (using bead of karma) and quickened divine favour with boots of speed activated)
25/22/17 for 2d4+1d6(3d6 for evil opponents)+25, average 40.5
95% X 40.5 (38.5) + 8.8(30 X 95% = 28.5 X 30%) = 49.3
80% X 40.5 32.4+8.8 =41.2
55% X 40.5 22.3+6.4= 28.7 (75% X 28.5)
119.2 toal damage per round
Skills, Spell craft (max ranks) fly (max ranks)

Unbuffed armour class
10(base)+1(dex)+10(plate armour)+4(deflection) total 25 AC, 15 touch and 24 Flat footed
Buffed (Magic vestament cast)
Same as above with 3 higher Normal AC and Flatfooted AC
Normal buffs cast at the start of the day are(using bead of karma to boost): Magic weapon, magic vestament, defending bone and spell resistance. In combat would likely quicken divine favour for the +3 it provides.

Unsure if my spell selection is good or not and unsure of what traits (was thinking fates favoured for +1hit/damage when divine favour is used and reactionary to improve initiative) and also unsure of a decent 5th spell to know, plus a couple (2) first level spells. No particular concept/fluff past being a melee weapon user. AC seems pretty low, unsure whether or not to use a buckler or not or some other thing. Sources used are CRB, APG and ultimate magic/combat and advanced race guide, plus a spell (defending bone) from inner sea gods setting but thats just what I used, if there is something good from a different book please let me know. If I have any errors please point them out to me. Thanks in advance.

SaintNick
2016-12-27, 02:28 AM
I'd recommend changing your race to Half-Elf and snagging the Ancient Lorekeeper Archetype. It will allow you to replace the terrible spells from the Battle Mystery with much better wizard buffs like Mirror Image and Greater Invisibility. You might also consider purchasing/crafting a +1 Gauntlet of Dueling for a +4 Initiative bonus.

What source materials are available to you? If Path of War is available, then I highly recommend the Martial Training feat chain. It's a particular favorite of mine as it offers some fantastic options to help round out your character.

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 02:59 AM
"Smacks head" Wow, I didn't include my bonus spells knowen from the battle mystery, I feel stupid. So swapping to half-elf could give me the +2 will instead of skill focus which would let me safely dump wisdom so I could get slightly better stats and I could probably get rid of combat casting so the feat loss wouldn't matter as much and I could still take the human FCB so swapping to half elf seems like a decent choice, especially since I could pick up overland flight which fixes the problem of having a crappy movement speed and being a lame oracle gain the best of both worlds without having speed reduced by armour and the speed penalty only applies to land, giving me a sweet 40ft fly speed all day. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Seems like a worthy trade-off.

How do guantlets of dueling give a init bonus? What manuavers from path of war would you recommend me to pick up as path of war is allowed.

Edit: or phantom speed instead of overland flight and while pretty crappy HP but 100ft fly speed is really good, plus its a lower level and could free up my curse for something else.

SaintNick
2016-12-27, 03:21 AM
The Dueling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/dueling) Weapon Special Ability.

Sticking it on a gauntlet allows you to meet the requirement that the weapon needs to be drawn at the time the Initiative roll is made.

As for which maneuvers, I'd recommend taking a look at Shawshank's Discipline Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495623-Path-of-War-Expanded-Archetype-Discipline-Guide) for some ideas.

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 03:34 AM
Oh, I searched guantlets of dueling and got the gloves of dueling which confused me. Good idea though, as I could get that if I shuffled some of my items around and got rid of some. Thanks for the link too, I'll have a look throughout it. Unless anyone thinks otherwise I am gonna change it to half elf.

Calthropstu
2016-12-27, 05:05 AM
Ummmm that point buy doesn't look right. It's 17 points to purchase an 18, not 10.

Also, with a 20 cha you should have 1 more 1st level spell per day.

You also seem to be missing a 1st level spell and have an extra 2nd level spell.

Not a fan of the speak with dead, it's very rarely useful, better off picking up a couple scrolls. If you need to question people pick up hold person.

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 05:53 AM
Ummmm that point buy doesn't look right. It's 17 points to purchase an 18, not 10.

Also, with a 20 cha you should have 1 more 1st level spell per day.

You also seem to be missing a 1st level spell and have an extra 2nd level spell.

Not a fan of the speak with dead, it's very rarely useful, better off picking up a couple scrolls. If you need to question people pick up hold person.

I didn't buy a 18, assuming you mean strength I bought a 16 and got the human +2 bonus and got a +4 item to it giving 22. If you mean Charasmia Its the same without the racial +2
Thanks for the catche on spells per day. I don't really know what first level spells are good so I have some spare slots left there. Again, with speak with dead I picked because I didn't really know what else I could use so I picked that, would probably be better of with scrolls.

Calthropstu
2016-12-27, 02:38 PM
for 3rd level cleric spells, you have a lot of good options.

Invisibility purge, blindness/deafness, windwall, daylight, deeper darkness... and that's just from the crb.

drop summon 3, it's near useless at this level, and speak with dead and grab invisibility purge and one of the others I just mentioned. I'd suggest blindness/deafness to replace summon 3.

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 06:44 PM
Replaced speak with dead and summon monster 3 with paragon surge (because the utility of having what ever spell I want once per day with a 3rd level spell and a standard action? Priceless) and blindness/deathness, added some level 1 spells like prot from chaos and liberating command because not many of them sre that useful, added true seeing and spell resistance because illusions are annoying and gaining SR 28 is pretty sweet, even though SR is a double edged sword thats a pretty good protection from spells and also picked up all of my lorekeeper spells (which is sweet because at level 14 I can get contigency) and changed my race to half elf and dumped wisdom for a bit more dex. Thanks again.

Pex
2016-12-27, 07:13 PM
Why don't you have the 2nd level spell spell Grace? You want the spell Grace. You really want the spell Grace. Swift action to cast, no AoO for moving for the rest of your turn. You want the spell Grace.

Coretron03
2016-12-27, 07:25 PM
Why don't you have the 2nd level spell spell Grace? You want the spell Grace. You really want the spell Grace. Swift action to cast, no AoO for moving for the rest of your turn. You want the spell Grace.

Ooh, Thats a nice spell, definitely taking it, replacing resist energy because I added in resist energy communal

Arbane
2016-12-28, 02:32 AM
I'd recommend you make yourself a Mnemonic Vestment (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/vestment-mnemonic), and stock up on scrolls for situational spells.