PDA

View Full Version : Funkytown: Aberrant/Totemist

Lormador
2016-12-27, 08:33 AM
I'd appreciate any advice on the direction to take my very strange character.

The campaign: a large island with several inhabited towns. My extremely evil and insane solo character has determined to return the area to pure nature by destroying all of these settlements.

I took down one of the small settlements in the first game.

Rules and Book Allowed: pretty much anything 3.0, 3.5, or Pathfinder is allowed. The DM is curious to see what I can do. He's new to the game, and I'm teaching him.

The Build So Far: Aegis (Aberrant) 2 / Totemist 1
Traits: get me a bite attack
Feats: Multiattack, Willing Deformity, Deformity: Madness

The plan with these classes was simple. I want to play a melee character and decided to go with natural attacks. Both Totemist and Aberrant allow me to get a lot of these, but I can also redistribute resources into mobility (or darkvision, on an island dominated by humans) when I need to.

I also love taking obscure, lower-tier classes in strange dip combinations and coming away with something wondrous.

The Deformity: Madness was not just for flavor. I don't want a single spell ending my reign of terror, and the DM got this island off of the Internet somewhere. The spell complement of the NPCs is set. Most settlements have a priest, and as NPC priests generally aren't really optimized or even prepared for melee but packing spells instead, I saw this as a weak point. Sure enough, in the first town I headed straight for the church, broken in the back, and found the priest in his vestments. He tried talking me down, but when that failed he started barking spells at me. Cause Fear.... Hold Person... and by then I was tearing him apart as he cursed his god, "Why have you forsaken me?"

So, on to what I need help with. I've got +1 level to play from experience gained via sacking this first town, and a good amount of treasure. My thoughts are these.

+1 Totemist level: another soulmeld, another essential, and totem chakra bind... pretty good...

+1 Crusader: some healing, I could use the armor proficiencies, and I like maneuvers

+1 Swordsage: Step of the Wind stance makes me very mobile, Burning Blade is a lot of extra damage

+1 Barbarian: both the speed and the rage sound great

+1 Bloodrager: this would put Enlarge Person on my spell list, right, for easy wand use?

+1 Rogue (Swashbuckler Archetype): 2 fighter feats and +1d6 sneak attack is worth 1 BA, right?

+1 Warblade: for Punishing Stance

+1 Mutagenic Mauler: the mutagen is nice, and isn't there a discovery for my type of character?

My original plan for developing this character out was to race to Stormguard Warrior, Thicket of Blades at ECL 7th, but I no longer think this is a very good use of resources: it would be great at the end, but not so much on the way there, and that path wouldn't increase my mobility options much at all.

Any ideas are welcome, the crazier the better.

Sheogoroth
2016-12-27, 01:09 PM
The Tainted prestige class from Drg #302 is would be an interesting choice. You can take it at level 3 and pick a fiend to embody. If you ride it for 4 levels with Marilith you get a completely functioning third arm and Multiweapon Fighting and Multidexterity. Two more levels gives you Teleport without error 1/day, very valuable given your lack of backup.

Other than that, given your aim, it would be pretty important to acquire regeneration, or at least the Rageclaws soulmeld for improved longevity.

There's also This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/rogue-genius-games/godling). Allows you to get DR, Evasion, Sneak Attack, etc. And you can start taking feats for additional Scion Talents and Divine Traits!

The Butcher (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/butcher) is another interesting option if you just want to flaunt your insanity to the DM.

And finally, if you can craft or get someone to craft for you, This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/tin-man) class enables you to make your body slowly indestructible, though you already have the immunity to mind affecting, so it may not be the best.