PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Half Orc vampire fighter

Shadowscale
2016-12-27, 06:07 PM
Hey all, I recently was thinking of building a character based off a precious concept of mine, that being a half-Orc fighter that specializes in greatswording to death vampires.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to give sufficient crunch to that flavor using the fighter class somehow.

A spell-less inquisitor in heavy armor if you would?

Any help would be appreciated.

Zanos
2016-12-27, 06:11 PM
You're gonna have some issues killing a vampire with a greatsword, unless it's made out of wood and jammed through it's heart. Vampires automatically turn into mist at 0 hp.

Psyren
2016-12-27, 07:23 PM
Well, if you find and smash up its coffin too (Can be no more than 9 miles distant from the fight) then it's screwed, so there's that...

Shadowscale
2016-12-28, 12:30 AM
You're gonna have some issues killing a vampire with a greatsword, unless it's made out of wood and jammed through it's heart. Vampires automatically turn into mist at 0 hp.
True, I guess I was just wondering if there were any decent feats or abilitites. Wanted a spelless heavy armor full BAB inquisitor type, same vein as the spelless paladin temple champion.

Sayt
2016-12-28, 01:50 AM
Hmm, Ordained Defender Warder might fit if you can go Path of War. No spellcasting per se, but Full BAB, Heavy armour, gets a Blessing/Inquisition/Domain.

Otherwise, it doesn't get Heavy Armour, but there is the Grave Warden (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/slayer/archetypes/paizo---slayer-archetypes/grave-warden) Slayer.